Chapter 1 - Hitting The New Club

"Why! Why! Why!" I moaned as I silently looked at the horrible rejection letters I had just received in my mail.

I sat in my apartment that has a nice view over New York City. New York City had been the city of my dreams since I was a young child and when I was eighteen, a legal adult,  I moved here with zero percent of parental support or help and began a new life. A fresh one far away from the toxic life and people that you might call family back home. Home if I could even call it that.

Things had been going amazingly well with me, I had a boyfriend, Chris Petersen, a steady job, I was the head of the graphic design section at Walltown Corps or well known as: WC until that shut down a few weeks ago and fired every single employee including me. Chris broke up with me for my own best friend, or should I say ex best friend, Flora Lester.

I put my head between my knees and sighed. I needed money (I wasn't short just yet) and when I had called my best friend, Adrian, for help on ways to get accepted into a job position he had suggested becoming a stripper. There is no way that will happen but then again Adrian is really just a guy who loves making jokes even though some are inappropriate.

Getting my lazy self off my peach leather couches I headed to my room to wear something presentable for tonight. I was heading out with Adrian to a nearby club to try it out.

It had just recently just opened up and Adrian wanted to experience it.  I slipped on a tight red dress, as I had been told red looked really good on me, and some black stilletos and wove my brown long hair into a high pony tail leaving some strands hanging in my face.

An hour and a half later I was completely ready, I had my make up on, my purse packed and now I was waiting patiently for Adrian to move and come pick me up like he promised he would.

Of course he was thirty two minutes late which of course I scolded him for.

"Hey! It takes a long time for me to look this amazing!" He insisted as he looked at the rear view mirror, admiring himself.

"So vain..." I muttered under my breath rolling my eyes, but of course he heard that.

He gasped, "Perla! I am not vain how dare you say that?"

"You are!" I insisted and giving him the look that basically said you know I'm right so shut the hell up. Adrian just laughed and turned the AC on to number five making the car freeze within seconds.

I turned on the radio and the song 'I like me better' by Lauv came on. Adrian and I began singing like maniacs and just for the record neither of us can sing.

Thirty minutes later we arrived at the club. I looked at it in awe, it looked like a huge disco ball and the whole place was packed with people. The colourful lights were shining into the parking section and the loud pulsing music could be heard from far away. It felt as though the floor beneath my feet was trembling and might just cave in amd fall.

I shivered with excitement as the huge buff guard checked our ID's and allowed us in. I headed straight to the bar where a cute bartender that looked around my age was whipping out drinks faster than you can say: 'watermelon is life'. I sat at the stool in front of Mr Cute Bartender and he gave me a small smile.

"What can I get for you today, ma'am?" He asked with a slight hot drawl.

"The strongest drink you have here," I said with a confident smile and zero hesitation. That surprised me. I usually wasn't much of a drinker.

"Coming right up," He said flashing a massive smile and whipped up my drink. He brought it to me and placed it on the counter.

"Thank you," I said and he smiled before he turned around with a wink to help out another man that was seated two stools away from me.

I glanced at the glass and saw it was a weird light pink colour, shrugging my shoulders, I leaned my head back and tossed the drink down my throat. It burned as it slid down my throat and suddenly I felt light headed. I had another two shots courtesy of Maxon - the bartender - before I hit the dance floor.

I swayed my hips to the beat and laughed with joy and watched the roof as the different lights came on. Many people were walking into me but I didn't care as I waved my hands and had the time of my life. I danced and danced and danced some more and do you know what the best part was? I wasn't tired, I wasn't stressed out and I was having a lot of fun.

I looked around for my black haired best friend but spied him no where when suddenly a stranger put his hands on my hips and began dancing, whoops,  more like grinding into me. I leaned back and enjoyed his soft but tingling touches. Wherever he touched my skin would ignite with sharp tingles.

I looked up and saw a green eyed man with blonde hair. He was staring rather intently at me and I gave him a shy but sweet smile and carried on moving my hips to the beat. I turned around and the stranger grabbed both my arms and wrapped them around his neck as we now swayed gently facing each other.

He leaned down and whispered into my ears, "What's your name, beautiful?"

His voice sounded melodic to my ears and I felt my heart flutter a bit. It's been a long time since someone had called me beautiful.

"Perla, and yours," I asked trying to make my voice sound rather hot. Keyword: Trying.

"Nicholas." He said and I smiled into the crook of his neck and just stayed there when my head began pulsing.

"My head!" I moaned and I saw the despair in Nicholas's green eyes as he helped me outside the club.

Nicholas didn't have enough time to move as I bent over and threw up over his expensive looking shoes. I felt embarrassed but then I saw nothing but a bunch of black spots and then I was cruelly sucked into the darkness.

Hello Guys!

This wraps up chapter number one! I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Don't forget to leave your thoughts and give a vote if you want.

Thanks for reading, see you next update!