Chapter 20 - The Agreement

After Daniel Levy had shown up at our door, Emily decided that she no longer wanted to head out and preferred to stay at home - which we did. We played some music through the built-in speakers and put together macaroni and cheese for dinner. It was our favorite meal to have and I believed that it would cheer her up, even if it was a fraction. 

Throughout the whole duration, Emily was silent. Not a single word left her lips. Looking at her facial expressions, I could see the torment she was going through. The man that had shown up out of nowhere was her everything ever since she was young, and learned what true love meant. To the outside world, they were a perfect couple. Never in a million years had I ever thought that Daniel would stoop so low as to cheat on her with my sister, and never in a billion years had I thought my very own sister would be smug and send pictures of the event. 

There were often times when I wished that Kelsey and I were close. Like sister best friends. I hated that we barely spoke and that nine times out of ten a conversation between us always ends in a fight or one of us storming off. I wanted to be able to shop, gossip and talk about boys with my sister but in the unfortunate turn of events, she has proved herself to be a bad person. To be someone with a cold heart. To be a cold, heartless monster.

As I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, the whole marrying my boss event popped into my mind. I tossed and turned. I wanted to say yes, the money would alleviate a lot of pressure and also I would be able to follow my dreams but the other half desperately wanted to say no for my dignity and sanity. I didn't want him to think of me as a gold digger. Logically, I was working to get the money, but emotionally it made me feel a small sense of guilt. Like my inner conscience reminding me of my morals.

When the alarm clock let out a shrill ring, I groaned. I had barely caught a wink of sleep and now I had to get up, get ready and go face him in the office. I slowly slipped out of bed and trudged to the toilet where I brushed my teeth and then combed my hair into a high ponytail. I then headed back into my room and changed into a black blazer, a white formal shirt and a black pencil skirt with my regular heels. I did a touch of makeup before I headed to the kitchen and whipped up a smoothie. I was sipping it when I heard a loud crash.

"Emily, is that you?" I called.

Hey Guys!

Please leave vote and comment if you enjoyed!

XOXO

Perla