Chapter 19 - The Apology

"What are you doing here?" I demanded

"To apologize to Emily." He said as he showed me a huge bouquet of red roses and some chocolate.

"She has moved on," I said.

"Let me see her." He begged.

"No." I said firmly, "She has moved on. Please understand." 

"I have to let her know the truth!"

"She doesn't care! We have plans and you should just leave." I stated.

"I didn't do anything with Kelsey!"

"Pfft!" I laughed, "And the photographic evidence my sister sent us? What do you have to say about that?"

"Photoshop."

"Yeah right," I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Kelsey photoshopped them so that she could win me over. I love Emily! Why would I hurt her like that?"

"Well, you are a few weeks too late. Emily is happy with William."

"William?" Daniel asked, looking away.

He looked so sad, I almost felt sorry for him. Keyword: almost. He cheated on her with my sister and now he was getting what he deserved.

"Yep. If you knew what's best for you, you would leave and never ever come back."

"Please can I see her one more time?" He asked just as Emily appeared next to me.

"Daniel? What in the hell are you doing here?" She hissed, "Come to taunt me some more?" She said as she gritted her teeth and clenched her fist tightly.

"I wanted to apologize. To tell you my side! You left and never heard my side of the story."

"I don't need to hear your side. The decision has been made. I moved on."

"With William?" 

"Yes, William." She said, glaring at him.

"What kind of name is William?" 

"Oh, like Daniel is any better," Emily stated rolling her eyes and flipping her hair to the side.

"I did not come here to argue with you, Em. I am sorry." Daniel said extending the flowers and chocolates. 

"Why does Kelsey not want you anymore? Did she throw you aside? Is that why you are back here?"

"No! I was never with her! You have to believe me."

"He says the photos Kelsey sent you were photoshopped," I said and Emily burst out laughing.

"I doubt Kelsey even knows who to photoshop!" Emily said clutching her stomach.

"Kelsey might not but Perla definitely does." Daniel hissed.

"What exactly are you insinuating?" Emily asked raising an eyebrow, "Perla would never betray me as you and Kelsey did."

"That is true. Emily is like a true sister to me." 

"Blood is thicker than water."

"Not always," I smirked, "Besides Emily and I are blood-related. She is my direct cousin if you forgot."

Daniel sighed, "I will get you evidence!" 

"Too late," Emily said and shut the door in his face.

"What is wrong?" I whispered as I saw tears streaming down her face.

"He hurt me badly and now has the audacity to show up at the door and taunt me some more. Has he not done enough already?" Emily whispered as she sat down on the floor and cradled her head between her knees.

"They always show up at the wrong time." I sighed.

"This reminds me of why I hate Kelsey so much. Thank goodness she is rarely here otherwise I doubt both of us would still be alive."

"Don't say that."

"I can't help but wonder if what he said was true?"

"What? The whole me photoshopping those photos? Because in that event, I can assure you that I didn't. I wouldn't do that and if it is true, Kelsey is smarter than to ask me because she knows I will tell you immediately." 

Emily nodded, "We should get down to the bottom of this."

"What if he is lying and you're investing hope for nothing? It has been two months, why hasn't he made contact earlier?"

Emily shrugged and I sighed as I rubbed gentle circles on her back. 

"It is up to you in the end. Whatever you decide I will support you."

"Thank you." She sobbed. 

Hey Guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. No offense to any Daniel/William out there. Fun fact, my boyfriend's name is Daniel lol. 

Anyways, please leave a vote and comment, letting me know how you found it.

XOXO

Perla