Chapter 25 - Emotions

I paid the bill and feeling incredibly embarrassed by what had gone down, I scurried out of the cafe to meet Anna waiting for me in a Cadillac. She immediately jumped up when she saw me, all trace of boredom gone from her face as she assessed me.

"What's the matter? What's bothering you?" She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing too big. Can we go home?"

"Don't you want to go shopping for the yacht party later on tonight?"

"No," I shook my head and climbed into the car, "You can pull something out for me."

The whole car ride was silent. I am sure Anna was confused as to what had gone down but I was way too confused myself to explain to her. Nick's words however rang in my head on repeat. I could not forget what he had said. It was impossible to.

The first and only plausible solution was that she had a terminal illness. That was the only reason that could possibly match his behavior. However, the more I convinced myself that Nick's mother may have been diagnosed with such an illness the heavier the guilt weighed on my shoulders. I was lying to a woman who was about to pass on. I wanted to throw up.

As soon as we reached home, I left the car after thanking Anna and the driver and began the slow trudge up the stairs. I unlocked the door and slipped inside my bedroom and removed all trace of makeup on my face. I wasn't one to wear makeup anyway. I took a long, hot shower before I changed into my silk loungewear and sat on the couch mindlessly scrolling through the tv shows that were available.

In all honesty, my mind was not there. I was thinking about Nick and for some reason, I could not get him out of my mind. All I knew was that he had to leave my mind and when I decided that I grabbed my phone and texted Adrian 'Wanna go out for some drinks?'  and patiently waited for his reply which came shortly.

It's not even noon. What's the matter? He responded. 

Will tell you in person. It's serious. 

Level ten?  He texted back.

Yes. Level ten. 

Meet you at Pearl Cafe in ten.  He responded.

I jumped off the couch and practically ran to my room. I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with my Nike shoes before I tossed my hair in a bun. I only applied lip gloss before I was out of my house and on the pavement hastily walking to reach Pearl Cafe.

When I reached, I saw that he was sitting b y the bar already and so I joined him.

"You are famous now." He told me, "No one will stop talking about how much of an unlikely pair you two are."

"We're the talk of the office?"

"Yep. I think Tiana down in Marketing is enraged. Mr. Adonis has turned down all of her advances. Told her he doesn't date any of his employees."

I laughed, "But I am not employed by him."

"Not anymore." He said as he sipped the drink he had already ordered before I had arrived.

"Well, I don't really know her so her feelings are the least of my concern."

"That's right. So what is the level ten you called me here for?"

"Drink," I commanded and he obliged.

"Must be serious." He commented and I sighed.

"I think I like him," I said quickly.

"What? Who?" He gasped.

"Nick. I think I like Nicholas Adonis." 

Hey Guys!

I hope that you liked this chapter! If you did please consider leaving a vote and letting me know all of your thoughts in the commet section.

xxx

Perla