Chapter 17 - Shock

The next few days of my life were the same. I woke up at the crack of dawn, showered, brushed my teeth, and ate my breakfast before I drove to work. Then at work, I would start my morning by bringing Mr. Adonis his coffee and giving him a rundown of his day before I returned to my office and did my job. Then at five pm, I would pack up and go home.

Today was different. I marched into Mr. Adonis's office with his coffee and placed it on his desk. Just as I opened my diary, a woman burst into the door and threw herself at Nicholas. 

"Mom?" He gasped as he gave her a gentle, warm smile. It was so genuine, it made me realize that he must really love his mother. He did have a heart.

"Is this your girlfriend? She is lovely!" His mom said as she walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

I began to protest, "Uh ma'am I am not..." I began but he cut me off.

"Mother, would you let go of my girlfriend? You are going to suffocate her!" He said as the petite woman released me from her tight grip. 

"You are beautiful." She said admiring me, "You must come over to have some food together! I need to get to know you better. Nick, this one is a keeper."

All this commotion happened whilst I stood there gaping. The shock I was experiencing definitely paralyzed my body. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't know how to react to anything that was happening. This was all a misunderstanding... it had to be. There was no way he had told his mother I was his girlfriend. When his mom finally left, I took a seat again and looked at Nicholas, awaiting an explanation.

"You have a lot of questions." He said and I nodded.

"Why does your mother think I am your girlfriend?" I asked demanding to know. 

"I haven't dated in a while and she wants to have grandchildren."

"Why did you go along with her?" I said, "I am so confused."

"I guess this is the perfect time to offer you a really good business deal."

"You want me to be your girlfriend?"

"Just for a short while." He said, "I will provide the funds you need to open your graphic design business here in New York."

"I have never told anyone that." I pointed out and Nicholas shot me a weird look.

"It is on your CV. You said your future goal was to be able to own a graphic designer firm."

"You are bribing me with my own goals?"

"Just helping you achieve them, Miss Summers."

I sighed, "It is a difficult decision to make."

"I will give you monetary compensation. I will pay you your yearly salary for every month you date me."

"That is a lot of money..." I trailed off.

"The decision is yours. I don't want to pressure you into anything. I will tell my mom she got the wrong girl."

"You are wrong for this."

"I don't see why."

"You are lying to your mom." I explained, "She seems like a sweet woman and I don't like that you are playing her."

"I just want to make her happy. Besides, you get great benefits. You will become your own boss and will be paid twelve times your monthly salary. I think it is a great deal."

"I don't know..." I whispered.

"Just girlfriend and boyfriend... nothing more."

"We won't have to do anything right...?" I trailed off.

"Nothing intimate. All we have to do is public appearances and go to dinner with my mom."

"Let me think about it."

Hey Guys!

Do you think Perla will accept?

If you liked this chapter, please leave a vote and a comment letting me know your thoughts.

XOXO