Chapter 12 - Mi Casa Su Casa

As soon as the aeroplane landed on the asphalt of Mr Adonis's private airport I felt relieved. This whole flight had been a nightmare as the weather and mother nature were not the kindest people out there. I recalled as the plane shook and shuddered because of the turbulence that was in the air.

"Why is there a frown on your face Miss Summers?" Mr Adonis asked as he packed away his laptop into his suitcase.

"Just recalling the awful turbulence," I said shuddering at the mere thought.

"It was just a little speed bump..." He said nodding his head, "The only catch is that it was in the air."

I awkwardly laughed and grabbed my notes that were resting on the table and made my way to the staircase where Chad helped me off the plane.

"I called the driver here. He will take you home." Nicholas told me as he walked out and stood beside me, his face hard like a stone. He was emotionless as he stared into the sky.

"My bags?" I queried.

"In the trunk of the car. Safe journey." He said as he got into the second car that approached and left.

A man dressed in a suit got out of the car and helped me get in.

"Is this the correct address Miss?" He asked as he read out my address.

"Yes, it is. Thank you, sir." I told him and he smiled.

"Sir?" He asked, "Please call me Ivanov." He stated, "If you need anything please let me know. If I make you feel unsafe, there is a red button by the window button that you can press and the police will be alerted."

"Why would you tell me that?" I asked.

"My mother... she always told me that wherever I am present, I must make the woman feel safe and relaxed and so if telling you about the panic button will you make feel safe, I will."

"I wish more men were like you," I stated.

"I wish they were like me. Then the horrible things that are caused by males would not exist."

"There will always be people trying to rebel against the system," I stated and looked out of the window.

"Unfortunately. Thank you for the lovely chat Miss but we are at your house." He said as he smiled, "I will help you get your luggage." He said as he got out of the limousine and opened the door for me. Ivanov offered his hand to me and helped me with my bags.

"Thank you, Ivanov." I said smiling.

He nodded, "I see why the boss picked me. Other men would have tried to get with you."

"Compliment?" I asked.

"Definitely. See you around Miss!" He called.

"See you!" I called back waving as I walked into the house and saw Emily crouched on the floor crying.

"Emily?" I asked.

"Perla?" She croaked.

"Can I stay here with you?" She asked her voice cracking as tears fell down her face.

"Emily," I said gently, "Mi casa, su casa."

She cracked a sad smile, "Perla... you won't believe what he did." 

Hey Guys!

Been a while since the last update. Hopefully, you are liking this. This chapter is on the shorter side but this ending is perfect over here.

Don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts in the comment section!

Xoxo

Perla