Chapter 22 - Day One

I woke up when I heard a banging on my front door.

I groaned as I got out of bed, slipped my slippers on, and then headed to the door. I assumed it was Emily who might have forgotten her keys but when I opened that door, I got the fright of my life.

"Good morning, Miss Summers." A lady greeted me and pushed past me with a whole crew who were carrying massive boxes.

"What is going on?" I demanded.

Who were these people and what were they doing in my apartment?

"Ahh Miss, we are here to prepare you for your first day as the most eligible bachelor's girlfriend. My name is Mia and I will be your assistant."

"Did Nick send you?"

"Yes. Didn't Mr. Adonis tell you we were coming? You seem shocked."

"I must have missed his text," I muttered as Mia pushed me into the bathroom and handed me a fluffy white robe.

"Shower. Wear this when you are finished. We will be waiting for you outside."

I sighed as I closed and locked the bathroom door. I then undressed and stepped into the shower and turned the water on. I stood off to the side as I waited for the water to become warm enough before I slipped under it and began lathering my hair with shampoo and conditioner. When I rinsed it, I grabbed my loofah and added some soap to it before I scrubbed my body.

I stood beneath the water a little while longer than needed, allowing the hot water to roll down my back and ease the tension. My stomach was in knots, I was so nervous and worried for the next ninety days. When I got out of the shower, I dried myself with a towel and then slipped on my undergarments before I wore the robe and then walked out to meet Mia who had set up camp in my room.

"Where did you get all these?" I asked, gesturing to the four, fully stacked, racks of clothing.

"Mr. Adonis ordered them for you from the boutique." She said as she led me to a chair.

I sat down as a beautiful young woman came forward with a metal box. She dragged a small table and put it close to me.

"This is Carmen your professional nail technician. She will do your nails every single week." I nodded and gave Carmen a warm smile.

"Then this is Catriona," She said pointing to a woman with fiery red hair and green eyes, "She will handle all your makeup and hair needs, and I will handle your wardrobe."

"Will you guys be here every morning?" I gasped.

Mia nodded, "Only the best for the future Mrs. Adonis."

When she said that, it was clear to me that she knew nothing of the arrangement that had gone down. She believed our relationship to be real.

After a few hours, Catriona and Carmen were finished with me. Carmen had opted to do my nails in a french manicure, but instead of the tips being white, she made them black. She also added a few diamantes on the ring fingers. In the meanwhile, Catriona had done my hair in an elegant ponytail and left a few strands of hair to frame my face. She had also done a more natural look of makeup which I loved and was definitely my style.

I did not really enjoy doing heavy makeup although I would never judge those who do. When I stood up, Mia handed me an outfit that she had picked out from the rack. It was a beautiful red summer dress with lace-up detail on the front. She had also given me a pair of gold, diamond-studded sandals to match.

"You look, breathtaking ma'am," Catriona said with a smile.

"Thank you," I blushed.

"You are ready. Let us head out." Mia said.

Hey Guys!

I hope you liked this chapter! If you did please consider leaving a vote and comment with your thoughts!

XOXO

Perla