Chapter 8 - The Super Model Sister

Kelsey walked in a look of astonishment plastered on her face. She nodded her head as she assessed her room and nodded walking in.

"What's with the small house, Perla?" She sneered.

"Well I live alone there is no need to have a huge one," I said in a 'duh' tone and Kelsey rolled her eyes.

"It was rhetorical question you know," She spoke with her nasal voice flipping her hair to the side.

"Do you even know what a rhetorical question is?" I sneered.

"Of course!" She said her voice reaching a very high pitch it quite literally hurt my ears.

"How does mom expect you to live here. With me?" I asked worry colouring my tone and Kelsey rolled her eyes.

"If this is painful for you it's pure torture to me," She groaned while I rolled my eyes. Drama Queen.

"Okay, it wasn't my idea for us to have a 'bonding' session Kelsey," I said and walked off to my room and got ready for bed.

In the middle of the night I woke up to the sound of a hairdryer and nearly had a heart attack when I realised that my sister dear was now living with me. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I grabbed the clock that wa sitting on my night side table and gasped when I saw it was three. Three in the morning! The sun hadn't even begun shining yet.

I stormed out of my bedroom and made my way to the room Kelsey was staying in. I pushed the door open and stormed inside.

"What are you doing so damn early in the morning?" I yelled at her.

"Fixing myself for the day ahead." Kelsey responded with an eye roll.

"At three am?" I shrieked.

"Being beautiful takes time," She stated before she gave me a once over, "But of course you wouldn't know anything about it." She scoffed.

I was tempted to slap her. I counted to ten in my head and inhaled before I opened my eyes. She was straightening her curly hair in front of the mirror. The whole room had tons of clothing, hair supplies and make up lying all over.

"I think it's best of you turn off the damned hairdryer and let me get to bed." I hissed.

"I'll do my make up then." She said.

"Yes! Something that doesn't make noise is fine by me."

"You used to be so kind."

"I still am." 

"You're not." Kelsey said, "You've changed since you last flew home."

"It's the circumstances that forced me to change." I said and walked out the room slamming the door shut behind me.

I walked to my bedroom as I massaged my temples. Kelsey was right, I had been awful to her but she'd been worse to me in the last and she deserved all the disrespect I threw her way.

Kelsey had to either deal with it or leave and stay at the hotel. I've no clue as to why she agreed with my mom to come stay with me.  She'd always treated me as though I was a pariah, a disease.

×××

"So the witch has taken up residence with you?" Emily said her eyes filling with hate as she thought about Kelsey.

We were sitting at the Pearl Cafè which in my opinion is one of the best cafè's in the whole damn state. Everything was pearl themed and I liked that. My name 'Perla' was the Italian word for pearl and that is the main reason as to why I was in love with this mini coffee shop.

"My amazing and the worlds most lovable mother forced her to come stay with me!" I said and rolled my eyes.

"That woman!" Emily said and sipped her coffee.

"I swear if I don't kill her for waking me up at three am for her morning ritual I'll kill her for just opening her mouth to speak."

"I think your mom is right." Emily said forcing me to do a double take.

"What in the world do you mean?"

"You and Kelsey were so close when you were young. You guys could be close once more."

"I don't think that's possible, Ems. Kelsey and I hate each other far too much to ever want to bond again." I explained as I sipped my latte.

"I hate Kelsey too but if it's anything I hate more than your stupid sister, is the fact I lost mine." She said her eyes pooling with tears.

I sighed and moved to sit next to her on the bench, "I'm so sorry Em." I said and pulled her into a hug as I rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"That's why I think you should reconcile, Perla. You need to realise that a relationship with your own flesh and blood is the best one and most genuine you'll ever have." Emily said as she wiped her eyes with her top.

"I'll see what I can do, but I'm not making any promises." I warned.

"That's still really good. Putting in an effort is better than nothing at all."