Chapter 18 - Acceptance

"I say do it!" 

My eyes widened and I scanned her face to make sure she was serious. Indeed she was.

"You really think so, Em?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Absolutely. We can have double dates! And you can finally loosen up." I sighed as I scooped some more ice cream from the tub and dropped it into my bowl.

"What if he is making a mockery of me?" I asked.

Emily rolled her eyes, "His mom literally walked in. She was convinced right?"

"She was," I said thinking back to the incident. 

"So then you have nothing to worry about, except as to how you are going to spend all that money." 

"Don't you think it is all a little too much? You know I don't care for money."

"Well, if not for the money then do it to spite your mom. She and Kelsey will have the shock of their lives when they see you on the covers of magazines with one of the hottest eligible bachelors in town!" Emily grinned.

She had a point. My mom and Kelsey would be shocked to find out who I was dating, even if it was just for three months. 

"It would prove to my mom that I am not useless." I muttered.

"Exactly!"

"But why are you so for this?" 

"One, because you deserve to have some fun and financial freedom gives you that. Two, you can start your own business with all that cash. Then your mom will be kissing your feet."

"I don't want my mom doing that. Although I disagree with her shunning me because I hate fame, I don't want her kissing my feet. She paid lots of money to raise me."

"I am glad you feel that way about the nanny she left you with."

I sighed, "She wants us all to be successful and lead comfortable lives. Tell me, would you not want that for your kids too?"

Emily nodded her head, "I do, but -"

"Different people go about it in different ways."

"Why are you so kind?"

"It is a good trait to have. Sometimes you have to realize that people have different views and opinions on how to do things, and you have to accept it."

Emily sighed and nodded her head.

"You can't change someone who doesn't want to be changed," I added.

"Amen," Emily responded whilst I just grinned.

"Do you want to go and do something?"

"We should get some food."

"How about movies and we head to a restaurant afterward?" I suggested.

"I will go and change." 

Emily skipped off to her room whilst I checked the cinema's website for a good movie to watch. When I found one that would satisfy both of our tastes, I changed my clothes in my room. I wore some light blue jeans, with a basic white t-shirt. I clipped my anklet on and wore the necklace my elder brother had given me for Christmas a few years back. When I was done getting dressed and had thrown my hair into a pony tale, I sat in the lounge.

Moments later, Emily walked out, and then the doorbell rang.

"I will get it," I said and jogged to the door and swung it open.

"Daniel?" I gasped.

Hey guys 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, make sure to leave a vote and comment your thoughts! I love reading them all!

XOXO

Perla