Chapter 23

Craig was angry! He wanted revenge for what his father had done to me. He couldn't believe that I was dead. Heck neither could I! Seth came in and gathered all of the guns and ammo. There were guys waiting down stairs that had intel on where he was hiding out at. Craig walked into the kitchen where everyone was sitting. All of them dressed just the same. The wore armani suits and italian leather shoes. Coffee was brewing and there were donuts, bagels and danishes covering the counters. Seth told them to pay attention as they were carrying ou the assassination tonight. ¨It must be done right-we can't have any mistakes this time!̈ ̈ Seth said angrily. Craig grabbed a donut and looked at the men. His eyes were empty. ̈Who was in charge of watching my wife last night?¨ He hissed. A man sitting across from him stood up. ̈Me, sir.¨ As the man stood there, Craig nodded his head then picked up his gun and executed him. Everyone in the room stared in shock. Craig told Seth to go on with what he was saying before. 

Seth laid out a map of the location of where Mr. Whitman is staying. He assigned certain men to every exit. ¨He does not leave there!̈ seth said firmly. Then Craig added, ̈only I kill him, understand?̈ ̈ The men loaded up into two black mercedes vans. Craig hoped in the passenger seat and Seth decided he would drive. As Craig sat there twisting his wedding ring, Seth leaned over and asked him if he would be ok? ̈ ̈Yes!̈ ̈ Craig responded coldly and as a matter of fact. It was an hour drive before they would reach the location. The men knew what to do and where to go. Craig hopped out of the van and went around the back of the house. He disarmed all the alarms, then he cut the phone lines. As he made his way in, he began loading his gun. Craig knew his father already was aware that they were there. He knew that his dad was already preparing for a fight. However, when he made his way to the wind he was hiding in, he wasn´t met with resistance. 

̈ ̈Come in Craig.¨ Mr. Whitman called for him. Craig pushed open the heavy metal door. It was fully enforced, but his father chose to let him walk right on in. ̈Son, please come sit down.¨ He was now pointing to a chair next to him. Craig walked over and put his gun on his lap and sat down. He was oddly quiet, JHe didn't say a word. He was just sitting there. Mr. Whitman got up and grabbed to shot glasses. He then pulled out some whiskey and brought them over to the table. Neither one now not saying a word. Mr. Whitman begins to pour alcohol into both cups. He places one in front of Craig and he picks up the other. He nods at Craig and drinks his shot. Craig slowly raises his eyes towards his father. He asked him angrily, ̈what is this supposed to be?¨ You could see how much rage he had at that moment towards his father. 

Mr. Whitman told him because they are family that everything that happened is water under the bring. He told craig that he should of never got caught up with a client and that he should of never let things get out of hand. Craig now shifting in his seat. He leans forward and places his gun on the table. Then he grabs his drink and shoots it back. The glass clinked as it hit the table. Mr. Whitman walked over and picked up both glasses, now filling them up again. He places another one in front of Craig. That's when Mr. Whitman finishes his speech to him. 

¨You and I aren't like normal people son. We are hitman. We are the best in our trade. Jade was merely the help and you decided to bang her which is fine, but you don't put a ring on that trash. She passed a baby off that wasn't yours and lied to you over and over again ̈. As if that wasn ́t salt in Craig ́s wounds, he goes on to add a little more. ¨You know she wanted Robbie-she had sex with him willingly. No one held a gun to her head ̈. He then chuckled at the thought of what he had done to us that awful night. Craig reaches for the glass and drinks it down again. This time he fills up both the glasses for them. He sets them down in front of them. Craig still not saying a word. He was just sitting in his chair, staring at his father with hate filled eyes. 

Mr. Whitman chuckled again. ¨You are going to be alright son ̈. He went on to tell him he wasn't the first one to lose someone he loved. He then goes on to tell the story of how he had to mercy kill Craig ́s own mother. He bragged about how many women he has had to slay over the years. He told them hitmen don't fall in love. Craig now gripping the armchair. Mr. Whitman was unphased by it all. He went on to explain that he sat in that very spot when he came to kill his father. It was that day that he learned there is no stronger love them father and son. He walked over to the wall with the picture of Craig, him and his father. ̈ ̈See son, you will get over this as we all have had to learn to overcome these obstacles in life ̈. He told him love isn't real, then told Craig to drink up and not waist his whiskey. 

Craig grabbed the glass and threw it back into his mouth. As the cup hit the table this time, Craig jumped up and over it. Now holding his father by his throat, he managed to take every weapon off him in just seconds. Mr. Whitman was shocked! He yelled for his men, but no one came. Then he pleaded for Craig to spare his life. Mr. Whitman started to beg and plead. Craig leaned in very close. Mr. Whitman could feel his breath on his face. Craig asked him if he should spare him they way he did me? Just then Craig dragged him by his shirt collar and took him to the front of his house. All of Me. Whitman ́s men were already lined up out front. He told Seth to come and hold him. Craig turned to Seth and asked for a gun. Then he walked over and shot each and everyone of them. After he turned to his father who was still begging for his life to be spared. 

Craig leaned in and told him it was too late for that because he had already ingested the poisoned inside his office. When Craig poured the last cup he dropped it into his glass. Mr. Whitman began convulsing and Craig ordered his men to chain him to the bathroom sink. He didn't want him getting help. After they all headed back towards the vans. Craig sat there in his seat. This time he had the sadness of a hundred souls. He looked over to Seth and he was absolutely crushed. ¨I am not sure what to do now because the revenge isn't sweet because it doesn't bring her back.̈ Craig began to break down as he stared out the window. Seth reached over and placed his hand on Craig ́shoulder, ̈Well Craig, now you give up this life and raise your daughter ̈. Craig nodded in agreeance. 

Nothing could ever change what has already happened, but he could make sure that Vikki has the best life possible. As much as it hurt he knew he was done with it all. He had Seth sell the house and take some of the money to put Sammie up in a condo. He told her she was more then welcome to come visit Vikki anytime she felt like it. Craig not only had all his properties and cars to liquify, he also inherited all of his father's properties. It took a few weeks, but he sold off just about everything. He stopped in to see Dr. Shapiro and to break the news to her. They both wept for what seemed like an eternity. After a while Craig headed out to make one more stop before leaving town for good. He met with a judge that he had known since he was a small boy. They said their goodbyes and the man gave him an envelope before exiting the restaurant. Inside contained all the information that he needed to start over fresh. Craig walked outside and hopped into his car and headed to pick up Vikki. They headed towards an airport where they board a plane leaving the USA. Once in flight Craig knew there was no turning back. They were leaving everything behind and he was going to raise Vikki in a normal life far away from all the evils he was used to dealing with.