Chapter 10

We are finally free or I should say at least for now. We drove for hours before we made it to a hotel where we can stay the night and figure out what we are going to do next. Craig stopped in the front where a gentleman greeted us.

¨Hello sir, my name is Mike¨

Craig handed the keys to him along with some cash that he keeps in the center console.

¨Do you need your bags brought up sir¨ Mike asked.

¨No, we don´t have any¨ Craig growled.

¨Come on Craig¨ I insisted as I didn´t want him to take his anger out on this poor man. Once inside we walked over to the concierge.

¨Hello Mr. Whitman, we have your room ready¨ he said as he handed us our room key.

The staff here knows Craig very well as he stays here very often. I actually called ahead from the car and they knew exactly who he was before I could even get the words out of my mouth. It was almost like he was royalty or something. We were treated very well and were quickly directed to our suite. The place is so beautiful. It has all the bells and whistels including a private pool that leads out onto a balcony. Of course, that is the furthest thing on our minds right now. Craig is in so much pain that I suggest we go lay down. As I helped him into bed, I couldn´t help but notice how bad his right eye looked. It is so swollen that he can barely open it! There is also a huge gash on the top of his head that looks like it has been there for a while now. My eyes began to fill with tears just looking at how badly they have beaten him. 

¨I love you¨ I whispered to him as I laid down beside him. He is so angry! It´s actually scaring me a bit.

¨They will all pay for what they have done to you¨ he snarled as he tossed the covers off of him.

¨Please Craig, lets just get some sleep¨ I begged while fighting back my tears.

In that moment our eyes met. The anger now draining from his face. He pulled me in closer.

¨You´re right Jade¨

¨I am sorry¨

¨We should rest¨ he mummbled as he kissed the top of my head.  

Craig held me in his arms all night while I slept. I had the worst nightmares all night long. I kept dreaming about that man and being trapped in that room. At one point, I was screaming in my sleep so Craig woke me up.  

̈ ̈Baby, are you ok ̈ Craig asked full of concern in his voice?

I opened my eyes to see him staring down at me. His eyes just look sad and empty.

¨They have truly broken him¨ I thought to myself as I tried to reassure him that I am fine.

¨It was just a bad dream, I´ll be ok¨ I told him while planting a kiss on his lips.

I sat there for a minute before asking him what happened to him at the mansion. Craig hung his head almost in shame. He began telling me about what had happened to him.

¨The night they came for me you hand just gotten into the shower¨ he paused for a moment as he fought back tears.

¨It all happened so quick¨

¨Several men stormed the living room¨

¨They had these lab suits on with gas masks on¨ Craig said angrly.

He explained how he tried to fight back but the room began to fill with some sort of smoke.

¨I don´t know how it didn´t affect you as I was sure it was coming from the air ducts¨ Then he went on to explain more.