Chapter 4

Living with April is so much different than being with my mom. She is such a cool person! Ever since I moved in, we do everything together. She even got me a job at the restaurant where she works. I absolutely love working there! they have already at promoted me to a position as a server. I am so excited to actually be able to make my own money. I have to admit that I really miss not seeing my sister everyday. Sometimes after work I meet up with her so I can give her some cash to help her out. Mom uses all her disability money on booze and drugs. I told her as soon as she is old enough she can come live with us. For the most part my life feels perfect right now. After work April and I go out clubbing. It is so much fun! I mean, it is the first time that I have ever been on my own and I don't have anyone telling me what I can do. April knows so many people and she is always buying new clothes and jewelry. 

One night we tried to get into an after hours party, but they wouldn't let me in because of my age. I just turned eighteen, but so many places are now only allowing people in who are twenty one and over. No worries though because April always has a plan! She told me she would take me down to the DMV to get a fake license. She has a couple friends that will let her use their information for just a small fee. April has some place she wanted me to go with her tonight so after work we are going to get my id. I am so excited! Lori my manager must of been able to tell because she asked me why I was so perky when I came in this morning. I just laughed as I finished cutting up a bowl of lemons. I hate coming and having to prep for the day. Thankfully I only have about an hour left. Smarties is always so crowded that you are lucky to get a break. Right now I have six tables that I am waiting on. Our busser just quit so now I have to clear the tables after my customers leave. It wasn´t long before table four had finished up. As they began to head out the door I started clearing their plates. ¨So gross¨, I thought to myself as I got ketchup all over my hand. Tasha the other waitress came up from behind me as I was grabbing a napkin.

¨Jade you´re up¨ she giggled. I grabbed the dishes and turned towards her. ¨What now¨ I asked curiously? As I looked towards the front there was the most attractive man I have ever seen standing by the door. My face flushed as I headed towards the kitchen with the used dishes. I pushed through the big heavy doors to make my way towards the metal tables. They were already filled with used dishes waiting to be washed. I shoved my stack onto the cold table. Just then Tasha poked her head into the kitchen, ¨hurry up, your boyfriend is waiting¨. She had this mischievous grin on her face. ¨You´re such a child Tasha¨ I replied as I headed back out into the dining area. The hostess had already seated him as I was approaching my service area. With my voice cracking I introduced myself to him. ¨Hi, my name is Jade I´ll be your server today¨, I began reaching for my note pad as I continued. ¨What can I get you to drink¨ now fumbling with my pen cap I wait for a response. When he looked up our eyes locked. He is so handsome! I felt my heart start to race a bit. I quickly looked back down at my pad as I waited a response.

¨I will have a black coffee with some cream and sugar on the side¨ he responded. His voice is so deep and sexy. I looked back up at him. He was still staring directly at me. Our eyes met again. ¨Sure¨, I told him as I pushed my note pad into my black apron pocket. I turned around to rush to get his coffee. I was full of nervous energy now. ¨Pull it together Jade¨ I told myself. I was acting like a little girl. I never feel this nervous with a customer. It was like I was getting butterflies in my stomach. I grab down a coffee cup and small plate. The coffee was just brewed so it was piping hot. I reached to grab a few packets of cream and sugar before heading back to his table. As I looked towards where he was sitting I took a deep breath before approaching him. ¨Oh you´re back¨ he said while looking up at me. My hands began to shake as I reached down to place his coffe on the table. I must of moved to quickly because it tipped over.