Chapter 16

Once off the plane we headed down to pick up our luggage. As we walked through the hallway to the escalators, I could smell the aroma pretzels and popcorn. It smelled so good. It wasn't long before we were heading down stairs. As we exited the escalator, I noticed that the airport was so crowded. People were sitting and standing all over the place. Craig pulled me a bit and said,

̈ ̈Ah over there ̈

He pointed to a sign that said luggage and bags. Just as we approached the cavarebelt, we heard a loud buzzing sound. I looked over and saw luggage bags coming through the clear plastic curtains. It wasn't long before ours came out. I was relieved that we didn't have to wait as I overheard a lady saying she had been there for about a half an hour. Once we had our luggage in hand we turned towards the exit doors to leave. The large double glass doors popped open and I heard a man calling to us.

̈Mr. And Mrs. Whitman over here ̈

I looked and saw a man holding a sign with our names on it. Craig leaned in and said to me,

¨I hope you don't mind that I used my last name ̈

¨I figured it won't be much longer before it's yours too ̈

As I looked up he had the cutest grin on his face.

̈Of course not¨ I said with a huge smile.

I was so happy that this day was finally here. We had talked about getting married for so long. I couldn't wait to start my new journey with him. Once at the hotel, Craig informed me that he booked separate rooms for us so that I could get ready without him seeing me. I thought it was so sweet that he was trying to make this as close to the wedding I really wanted. He walked me to my room and opened the door for me. We walked in and it was spectacular. It was a skyline view that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I walked passed the bed and looked out the window and I could see for miles. It was the first time I really traveled so I was taken aback. As I turned back towards Craig, I saw a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on the table. The room had this large flat screen and on the nightstand there was an ipad that you could control the lights with just a simple click.

This had to be one of the nicest rooms I have ever been in. As I was admiring the room we heard a knock at the door. Craig said to me,

̈Oh that must be your luggage ̈

He opened and the man brought in my belongings. He also had a bag that he handed to Craig and he turned to leave.

̈ ̈What is ̈ I questioned cursorily?

He reached into the bag and pulled out a white fluffy bathrobe that had gold lettering on the back. It said bride to be.

¨I thought you might like to wear this while you get ready for tonight ̈

¨I hope you don't ́t mind, but I have made some special plans for you ̈

̈ ̈There will be a makeup artist and I have an assistant coming to help you with anything you may need. Also, I have something special being delivered in a bit ̈

I was so surprised! Craig honestly thought of everything.

¨I knew I was right marrying you ̈

I walked over to him and took the robe from his hands and threw it onto the bed. I put my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

¨I don't ́t know if I have said this enough, but I really do love you Mr. Whitman ̈

I began kissing him when he pushed me back.