Chapter 13

As I reached my door I hurried to get my keys out of my pocket. My hands were shaking. I fumbled with them trying to get the right one. I could feel the sweat dripping from my brow as I tried to fit the key into the lock. I glanced around to see if anyone was there, but I didn't see anyone. I diverted my eyes back to the door and tried again. My body began shaking all over. Finally I got the key into the lock and turn the knob. As I enter my apartment, I am so relieved to be inside. I let out a sigh of relief as I start to push the door closed. Just then I feel someone on the other side start to push it back towards me. I screamed so loud! With all my might I began trying to close the door. I screamed for help. I screamed for anyone to just come and help me.

̈ ̈Jade, stop it's me ̈

̈ ̈Let me in ̈

I stopped screaming and released the door. As I started to step back in disbelief in walks Craig. I cover my mouth and let out a wail. It's him! It's really him! He came in through the door and hugged me. He buried his face into my neck. 

̈ ̈Jade ̈ he mumbled.

I pushed back and I just started kissing him. I was so shocked to see him, but so happy at the same time. We stood there in the doorway for a second when I heard my neighbor ask if everything was okay. She was an elderly woman that often sat outside and fed the neighborhood cats. When she heard the commotion, she came running right over.

¨Are you ok hunny¨ 

̈ ̈Yes, I said awkwardly then I told her that I was sorry for disturbing her. She had this look on her face as if she wasn´t sure if she should believe me or not. As she walked away she kept glancing back. Once I was back inside, I pushed the door closed and turned back towards Craig. My eyes filled with tears. This time they were tears of joy. I was happy that he was alive! I had so many questions to ask him. I ran back over to him and threw my arms around his waist and tucked my head into his chest. 

¨I love you so much Craig ̈

¨I thought you were dead¨ I cried.

He kissed the top of my head while stroking my ponytail. We stood there for a few minutes before letting go. ̈Where have you been ̈ I asked.

¨I have been in hiding since that night ̈

̈ ̈Jade so much happened that night ̈

¨I don't even know where to begin ̈

I grabbed him by the wrist and led him over to the couch. I sat down facing him with my leg tucked underneath me. I held his hand as I began to ask him so many questions.

̈Did you kill all of them ̈ I asked? 

̈Did you kill Robbie ̈

He had a grimace on his face that I could tell something horrible had happened that night. He went on to tell me everything. 

̈ ̈Jade when I got there they had already executed Robbie for helping your dad. I didn´t know it, but It was always apart of their sick plan. I snuck in through the side where I took out my dad´s right hand man. Once he went down, several others came in as a back up. I fought most of them off and ran towards the foyer. As one of them got close, I was able to lift his gun and take him out. He looked away as if he was disgusted with hisself for what he had done. I had to Jade. I had to kill as many as I could. When I came in, I took out most of the men right away. I was trying to get to my dad when a couple of his guys slipped him out the back. The remaining members ran and hid in a safe room that I was unable to unlock. I started looking for the files and that is when I found a folder on you ̈