She crosses her arms and follows Scarlett. "It has not been two months...besides...I think kissing is perfectly appropriate." She turns to Scarlett with a smirk. "Unlike some people...I don't do the nasty on the first date." She snickers jokingly.

Her mouth drops in disbelief and she purposely bumps into Mia's side. "Hey, that rumor has almost completely disappeared...and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind."

She rolls her eyes with a smirk and whispers. "Slut is your label, babe...live with it."

Scarlett's eyes widen in shock as she looks over at her. "Haha, very funny. We'll see who's laughing when you're sleeping out in the yard tonight." She walks ahead of Mia.

Mia chuckles and lifts her arms with a smirk. "Aw, come on! What kind of slut makes her best friend sleep out in the yard?!" She chuckles and rushes after Scarlett.

~~~

Joe's walking up to the school when he sees Taylor sitting at a picnic table. He takes a deep breath before walking over to her and sitting down in front of her with a small smile. "Hey."

Taylor closes her notebook and looks up at him with a smile. "Hey."

"I wanted to apologize for being so weird the past few days."

"Yeah...me too."

"You were kind of weird, weren't you?" He smirks.

She shrugs with a forced smile. "A little."

He chuckles and glances down at the table before looking up at her seriously. "I need to tell you something."

Her face turns serious as she nods and takes a deep breath, preparing herself for the easy let down speech.

"There's a reason I've been so weird the past few days. See...Dani...she kind of....well, she has feelings for me."

She shows a barely noticeable smile and looks down at the table, waiting him to finish so she can make her graceful exit.

He suddenly gets very defensive. "I just want you to know that I had no idea and...also that...Saturday, after her party...she kissed me."

She looks up at him with a neutral expression.

He sits there a minute before giving her a confused expression. "You're not mad? I understand if you are Taylor..."

She shakes her head. "I'm not mad, Joe. I know that Dani has feelings for you."

His face turns to shock. "You do?"

"It was kind of obvious after your little performance, wasn't it?" She looks down at the table. "Well...I thought so." She looks back up at him with that same small smile. "I get it Joe. She's your best friend and I understand that her telling you how she feels has probably made you realize some things you didn't see before. So, I don't blame you for breaking up with me...I'm just glad you told me."

"Taylor, I'm not breaking up with you."

Her face turns to slight confusion as a real smile begins to take the place of her fake one. "You're not?"

"No." He reaches across the table and takes her hands in his. "I like you, Taylor and I want to see where this could go...I'm not giving up on us."

She looks down at the table to hide her pink cheeks but quickly looks back up at him with a smile. She never knew what it was like to be someone's first choice. He was so sweet to her and she had faith in that moment that he would never do anything to hurt her.

~~~

Dani walks downstairs in some jogging pants and a tank top as Mr. Landon turns his head from the TV and looks up at her. "Clearing your head?"