Sorry, Not Sorry

Time stood still for a moment as she stared at him. Her finger pressed down on the trigger, exploding with a loud sound, and the bullet shot back into her, hitting her abdomen. She stumbled back, holding the wound as the blood started to trickle out.

"Blueband!" Heatwave exclaimed, scrambling up from the floor towards her. She put her hand up, signaling for him to stop. She looked at it, seeing that it was lightly covered in her blood. She lifted her other bloody hand to her face and gasped when it was fully drenched in blood.

"We need to get you to a hospital quickly." She heard Kade say, coming to assist her.

"No, I need to do something first." She stated, gasping from the pain when she started to pass him. She grabbed the flash drive and gritted her teeth through the pain as she hastily made her way to the dock.

She reached the dock, but as she got closer to Dr. Morocco and the boat, someone held her back.

"Stop struggling Blueband, this is for your own good." A familiar voice said. She looked back, and gasped upon seeing that it was Chief Burns. She quickly threw the flash drive to Dr. Morocco, then she stopped struggling, breathing heavily from the run and the wound.

"Good work, Blueband." he cheered, slipping it into his front pocket.

"You may have to go on without me, I don't think I'll last much longer." the assistant groaned, holding her wound and looking at the ground.

"Oh, I will." he smiled, laughing as he got onto the boat and starting up the engine.

"Wh- What?" she gasped, looking up.

"Hm? Oh, I'm going to leave you here. I've got what I wanted, now I can leave." he stated. "Oh, and I never wanted you to work with me, you just got in the way of my plans, so this works out nicely. Farewell!" she stood there, speechless and broken, but relieved. That also meant she had nowhere else to go. She broke down in tears, crumbling to the ground again.

"Chase, meet me at the dock." Chief commed, crouching down on the ground beside her. Soon after she had stopped crying, Chase drove up. His holoform hopped out, running up to her and immediately embracing her.

"I missed you so much," he whispered in my ear, squeezing her for a second.

"I- I thought you hated me." She sniffled, wiping away a tear.

"No, your eyes are teal again, so I know your back." he explained, laughing lightly, "I hated her, but I don't hate you." She laughed, smiling.

"Where is Windbreaker?" She asked, and just as it came out of her mouth, a figure sped by them.

"Windbreaker?" Chase called, running after her.

"Oh... hey Chase!" she said, skirting to a stop.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To the mainland," she began, stepping onto the boat. "Oh! I should probably catch you up on everything. I'm breaking up with you. Turns out I never actually liked you."

"What?" he gasped, stopping in his tracks.

"Yeah, I was just using you to get what I wanted," she snickered, waving a similar flash drive in his face. " I also work for Megatron, toodles!" Blueband watched as they drove away, drifting farther and farther until they were over the horizon. She looked at Chase, who stood there, unmoving since she left.

"Chase..."She began, walking towards him. Then the floor slammed into her, making the world go black.

Chase

The room was filled with silence, except for the heart monitor's steady beat. Blueband had fainted from lack of blood due to her wound, and some of them were staying with her in the hospital while others were talking with Optimus about the current events.

Chief 

"What do you think we should do, Optimus?" He asked after some of the team caught Optimus Prime and his team on the current events.

"Hm... I would first suggest you make sure every team member is healthy before you move forward." he began. "All of you." 

"Windbreaker mentioned she worked for Megatron... who's that?" Cody asked curiously. 

"Megatron is the worst of whom you may face," he said, his optics widened. "I fear the worst is yet to come. I'm on my way"

Blueband

Blueband opened her eyes weakly, her eyes adjusting to the bright lights above her. All around her were her teammates asleep in chairs- Chase, Heatwave, Blades, and Boulder. She sat up slowly, gasping quietly from the pain in her abdomen, and looked around the room. On the desk beside her were cards, and flowers from the rest of the team, as well as her clean scrubs and her comm. She lifted her comm up close to her mouth, and at first dry, she spoke.

"Guys?" she softly said, her voice echoing from her team mate's comms.

"Blueband?" Chief commed, his voice sounding hopeful.

"I'm here!" she exclaimed quietly, the guys still asleep.

"It's good to have you back, Blueband." he replied.

"It's good to be back." she smiled, finally happy to be back where she's supposed to be. Heatwave's eyes opened, and he stretched as he yawned. He glanced at her, then glanced back. He jumped up excitedly, hugging her tightly. "Heatwave be gentle! I'm still recovering!" she gasped slightly, hugging him back.

"Oh, right." he smiled sheepishly at her, scratching the back of his head. "So, how do you feel?"

"Well I just woke up, and I'm still recovering from shooting myself accidentally," she began, "but otherwise I feel pretty good."

"Good," he said, then sat on the bed next to her. "I was a bucket of bolts to make you feel like you weren't apart of the team."

"No" she insisted "I was the original bucket of bolts here. I got jealous, and I let it get the best of me."

"You? Jealous? Blueband I didn't know!" he teased playfully.

"Yes!" Blueband admitted, a light pink shade forming on her cheeks. "I was starting to like you, and I got jealous of Windbreaker for being better than me."

"Well, Windbreaker is back to where she came from, and you're back to where you're supposed to be," Heatwave mentioned.

"Yeah," she smiled, satisfied. Blades, Boulder and Chase were then starting to wake up and were all happy to see her awake.

"Wait, are you two dating now?" he asked, eyeing the two. Blueband and Heatwave's faces both blushed a deep pink, and they edged away from each other. Heatwave got up from the side of the bed and stood by his team, and she looked at Chase. He was still sad from his break-up, and he loved Windbreaker deeply.

"How are you doing Chase?" she asked softly.

"I am sad Windbreaker is gone, but I am happy you are back," he replied, and smiled.

"Oh, good! Group hug you guys!" Blueband cheered, opening her arms and the rest of her team gathered around for a group hug.

END.

edit 1: 1/6/20

edit 2: 3/23/20

edit 3: 3/27/20

edit 4: 5/21/20