Hug it out

"Dr Morocco." Blueband spun around, face to face with a young man in a firesuit. "Heatwave." Dr Morocco smiled, dipping his head in acknowledgement. "Good to see you." Her eyes grew as she glanced between the two. "Wait, you two know each other?" she asked, stepping back, "Should I leave you two to talk?"

"No," Heatwave growled, glaring at him, "we're leaving now." Dr Morocco held his stare calmly, only replying with a blink. "Why?" She demanded, coming between them. "You just got here." He shot Dr Morocco a sharp look, then pulled her aside. "I know your new," he began in a hushed voice, "but one person you need to stay away from is him."

"Who?" she asked, glancing at her new friend, "Dr Morocco? He seems like such a nice man!"

"Yes, him," he warned, coming close to her face. "No matter what, stay far away from him." Blueband pursed her lips, looking at the ground beside her. She opened her lips, preparing to say something before he cut her off. "No exceptions." he insisted, "We're leaving, now." She gave a sigh, waving goodbye to Dr Morocco as Heatwave guided her away from him.

When they returned back to the fire station, Heatwave stormed off for a moment, then returned. "Want to explain why you were with him?!" he roared, "And where were you??" Blueband shrunk back as he loomed over her. "I was just there!" she whimpered, "I lost my sense of direction, okay!" He backed off and sighed, pinching his eyebrows together as he paced. "You could have got hurt!" He lowered his voice, realizing the team had gathered around them. "Oh yeah, like I'm not a trained nurse!" she retorted, "You know, I can take care of myself! I'm not some lost puppy-" "Enough, you two" Chief Burns interrupted, stopping both of them in their tracks as they looked down at him. "He started it!" Blueband whined, jabbing a finger at him.

"She was with Dr Morocco!" Heatwave argued. "I don't care who did what," Chief Burns calmly said, "I want you two to hug it out and talk about it."

"Hug it out?" Blueband echoed the phrase. She'd heard it from Miko, Raf and Jack; but never actually seen them 'hug it out'. "What?" the red firebot asked, stepping away. "Yes, hug it out." Chief Burns repeated, crossing his arms. "It's pretty simple," Cody assured with a smile, "just hug each other and talk about your feelings."

"My... feelings?" Blueband asked, glancing at her servo with wide optics. "Hug each other?" Heatwave jeered. "No way!" they exclaimed in unison, turning away from each other. "C'mon," Chief Burns suggested, "just hug it out."

"No." he stated, "I'm not hugging her." He shot her a glare, and she stuck her tongue out at him. With his attitude, there would be no way she'd hug him. She'd convinced herself that he'd squeeze the energon out of her, or she'd end up running away. "Don't be a bucket of bolts!" Kade taunted him, crossing his arms. "C'mon," Cody pleaded, "please for me?"

"Fine," Heatwave heaved a heavy sigh, opening his arms reluctantly towards her. "Okay," she gave in, "for you, Cody."

"Well," Dani remarked, "at least they agree on something." Blueband reluctantly wrapped her arms around him. "I'm gonna kill you," he growled in her ear, as she was beginning to enjoy his embrace. "Not before I kill you." she sneered, baring her teeth. They separated, turning to Chief Burns.

"There, now doesn't that feel better?" he asked with a smirk, putting his hands on his hips.

"No." Heatwave voiced, squinting his eyes and crossing his arms.

"A little," Blueband said, rubbing the back of her neck, "I suppose."

"Good," he commented, "time to get back to work."

"Work?!" she exclaimed, stopping in her tracks. "Since when?"

"Since always, dummy," the team leader retorted, "get used to it."

"You're on cleaning duty with me, Blueband," Cody announced, skipping up to her.

"I do?" she asked, pointing a finger at herself with her eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," he said, "we just need to clean the garage and make sure everything is tidy."

Blueband and Cody were scrubbing the garage, when an alarm startled them.

"Team, we've got a house on fire nearby!" Heatwave announced on the comm.

edit 1: 7/3/19

edit 2: 1/4/20

edit 3: 3/21/20