Tired

Anakin sighed heavily as he stretched, his back clicking. The battle had been won, but it had taken a toll on the jedi. Exhaustion pulled on every fiber of his being.

A low rumbling made him look up. A Rebuplic gunship flew overhead, Anakin recognising it was the transportation for Ahsoka's platoon for the battle. It landed close by, clone troopers stepping out the moment the door opened. Anakin approached, eyes flicking over the crowd of armour cladded soldiers, searching for his young Padawan.

"Commander Skywalker."

"Rex" Anakin greeted, "I trust the fighting went well on your end?"

"Affirmative sir, but there were many injured, and six casualties."

Anakin felt his heart jolt, his mind already making up the worst scenarios.
He still hadn't seen Ahsoka

"I'm sorry," Anakin said, shoving his thoughts to the back of his mind, "about your brothers."

Rex nodded before a small smile lifted his lips. "She's alright sir, you needn't worry."

"Where is she?"

Rex pointed at the gunship and Anakin moved towards it. He poked his head through the open doors, quickly looking around the space. Ahsoka was sitting against the wall, cloak around her shoulders and eyes closed. Anakin knelt in front of the young togruta, gently shaking her.

"Ahsoka?"

Ahsoka opened her eyes blearily. "Master?"

Anakin released a relieved breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Hey, what you doing down here snips?"

Ahsoka flicked her eyes around the ship, realising she was on the ground. "I wasn't sleeping."

"Of course not" Anakin smirked.

"I...was just...looking...for something."

"What were you looking for?"

"Your sense of humor."

"Did you find it?"

"Nope."

Anakin chuckled again, sitting against the wall with his student. "Big day, huh?"

Ahsoka nodded, sinking further into her makeshift blanket.

"Forty two."

"What?"

"I got forty two droids...did I win?"

Anakin smiled, remembering their bet. "Forty seven, sorry snips, I win."

Ahsoka groaned, thumping the back of her head against the wall.
"I thought I had it this time."

"You'll have it next time 'Soka" Anakin rested a hand atop Ahsoka's head. "I know you will."

Ahsoka grumbled quietly, pouting making Anakin laugh.

"What types did you manage to get?"

"Couple of classic clankers, a few super battle droids, and seven destroyers" Ahsoka recited.

"Seven destroyers? Not bad at all Ahsoka" Anakin nudged her with his elbow.

"Thanks Master" Ahsoka smiled before yawning.

"Tired?"

"No, never" Ahsoka tried to glare but was interrupted by another yawn.

"Liar" Anakin teased lightly before running a hand over Ahsoka's headtails. "Get some rest snips, you've earned it."

Ahsoka almost argued before another yawn made her change her mind. She let her head fall against Anakin's shoulder, sighing contently. Anakin hesitated before lowering his head to rest atop of Ahsoka's. He felt her laugh softly, causing a tired smile to pull at his lips.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who needs a nap" she mumbled.

"This isn't a nap" Anakin responded, eyes slipping closed, "This is a quick power recharge."

"Yeah, you just described a nap."

"Shush 'Soka, I'm tryna recharge."

"Okay battle droid."

Anakin chuckled.

"Night snips."

"Night Skyguy."

Good god it's been awhile
How was that?

Prompts welcome!

Star-Wars-Dragons out