smile love

For dawnsyndulla345 and ggmm27494 who wanted some Kanera angst.

*Kanan's POV*

This couldn't be happening.
The love of my life, the person who had made me who I was, the Twe'lik I never knew I wanted, was slipping away from me.
Hera Syndulla was dying in my arms.
How did this happen?!
I should've protected her!
A Death Trooper had shot my beloved Twe'lik right in the gut. Now blood was pulsing from the wound as I held Hera in my slightly trembling hands. 
I wished I could cry to relieve the ache in my heart. Why did love cause so much pain?
"Hera" I said in a heart broken tone.
"Please don't go."
I felt the Twe'liks soft fingers gently stroke my cheek.
I took hold of her hand and held it close.
"Kanan...it's alright...just promise me you'll take care of the rest of the crew."
"I will" I told her, pressing my forehead against Hera's.
"You really are the greatest Jedi I've ever met" she rasped. Hera gave a strained gasp of pain as more blood dripped from the shot wound.
"Smile love."
Those were the last words I heard before I felt Hera go limp in my arms. Her grip on my hand lessened and I felt her head loll slightly.
With a shakey exhale, I carefully closed the Twe'lik's eyelids and held her to my chest.
Silent and invisible tears streaming down my face as my most feared nightmare became reality.

Hera was gone.  

😭😭😭HERA!!!! Suggestions are always welcome

😭😭😭
HERA!!!!
Suggestions are always welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲