Goodbye Ezra

Get your tissue boxes ready!

How could one man cause so much pain? How could one Empire create so much grief? How could one death be so traumatizing?
Kanan stood with the rest of the rebellion and the Wren Clan on a full moon night. Everyone was in a circle around a lightsaber, and a hologram projecter. A circle of candles was round the two artefacts.
They stood on that spot silently, no words spoken as they all remembered that heart wrenching day.
It was supposed to be the greatest achievement of the rebellion, but it turned into the most heart breaking mission of their lives. 

The day they lost their closest family member.

The Ghost crew ran across the fields of Lothal. Death Troopers firing at them as they sped to the Ghost.  
Bombs had been placed and they needed to get out of there.
They were almost back when Death Troopers surrounded them.
"Very strong attack Hera Syndulla" Thrawn said stepping through the blockade of armour.
"But it was not quite enough."
"What do you expect us to do Thrawn? Surrender?" Hera asked.
"On the contrary. I want you to watch your friends die."
Death Troopers came from all directions and forced the rebels to their knees.
One grabbed Ezra and made him walk forward. Throwing his weapons aside, he shoved the boy in front of Thrawn.
"No!" Kanan yelled trying to get to his Padawan, but was held back by Death Troopers.
One grabbed the Darksaber and gave it to Thrawn.
The man took it, forced Ezra to face his family and activated the blade.
Ezra looked at his friends, fear written in his pupils as the lightsaber was raised.
He gave them a last smile before the black and white blade pierced his back.
With a gasp, Ezra's eyes widened as it ran him right through.
When it was taken out, the boy collapsed.
"NOOOO!" Kanan yelled.
He and Hera broke free of the Troopers grip and ran to their family.
Thrawn raised a hand to the troopers to stop them from preventing the two adults from getting to their dying crew member.
Kanan had the boy in his arms while Hera supported his head. Tears rolling down his face as Ezra looked up at them weakly.
"Thank you" he quietly.
"For everything you've done for me...I love you guys."
"Don't give up Ezra. Hold on. Please" Kanan said tearfully.
"Kanan...it's okay...I won't forget you..."
Ezra gave a shudder before becoming limp.
"Ezra? Ezra?! Ezra please..." Kanan's voice cracked.
"Don't go."
He held Ezra to his chest, wishing he could cry to relieve the pain in his heart.
Hera was sobbing into Kanan's shoulder. Her fingers in Ezra's hand as she cried.
Sabine and Zeb were crying as well, their tears falling to the ground and attaching to the grass like dew drops.
How they got out of there was a miracle. The crew were so overwhelmed by Ezra's death, they went through a stage of madness.
Sabine threw her bombs everywhere and blasted as many Troopers as she could. Zeb bashed them around while Hera shot some. Chopper wouldn't stop shocking the troopers in his rage. Kanan put Ezra on the ground and had a full on lightsaber fight with Thrawn. He managed to disarm the Imperial and beheaded him with both blades. 

Kanan felt a hand slip into his and looked at Hera sadly. He joined hands with Sabine who did the same with Tristen.
Tears fell and hit the earth from many people as they remembered their friend and beloved family.

Ezra Bridger.

Ezra 😢
I am actually afraid this will happen in season 4 of rebels.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲