broken

This is taken from my book A Ticklish Padawan except this dosen't have fluff. This is all angst. 

Broken.
It was the only thing Ezra felt.
Broken.
His home was gone. The Empire burned it all away. Lothal, the place he'd grown up, it was nothing but plains of smoke and ash. No Lothcats bounded playfully around, no birds soared across the sky. It was like Lothal had died. No life. No grass. No anything.
Ezra sat on the Ghost's ramp, gazing with stinging eyes at his burnt home. He hugged his knees tightly to his chest in an attempt to comfort himself. But nothing would seal the hole in his heart that the Empire had made. It was like his hope had died just like Lothal. Seeing the planet destroyed was too much for the teen. He'd lived on Lothal his entire life. Seeing it like it was was heartbreaking.
Broken
The word echoed in Ezra's brain. It was how he felt. How Lothal was. How the universe was.
Broken.
He'd lost so much and gained so little. How much did the Empire want him to suffer? Hadn't they done enough to the galaxy? Hadn't they done enough to Lothal?
Ezra didn't even realise he was crying until he felt his face getting wet. He didn't stem the flow of tears, he let them fall. He cried for Lothal, for the inhabitants of Lothal, and for his parents. They'd died trying to beam out hope, and most likely trusted Ezra to do the same. But he'd failed. Lothal was gone. His courage was gone.
His hope was gone.  
"I'm sorry mom and dad" he sobbed, clutching his arms.
"I failed you."
For minutes Ezra sat on the ramp, crying for all it was worth. Lothal deserved all the tears he could muster, but it wouldn't help the planet.

Nothing would.