pain

"Ahsoka!"

The yell echoed around the still battle ground, ringing across the laser scorched plains. Smoke rose from dysfunctional machinery, sparks crackling on the dashboards and controls. A single person stood in the center of the chaos, robe flapping in the sour breeze, lightsaber loosely held in their hand.

"Ahsoka!" Anakin Skywalker shouted again, this time desperately.

"Ahsoka! Answer me! Ahsoka!"

The Jedi turned on his heels, eyes pleading as he stared at the wreckage of the battle.

"Please snips...answer me."

Anakin's hands trembled, almost dropping his weapon. His mouth went dry, heart pounding, panic constricting in his chest.

"AHSOKA!"
_________________________________

Pain. That's all that was there, all that could be felt. The temperature steadily rose in the  area, air barely substantial. Ahsoke weakly lifted her head, dazed and vision blurred. What was going on? It all came back. Fighting, gun fire, the bomb then everything went black. Sitting up on trembling arms, Ahsoka looked around. She was surrounded by clutter and battle droid remains. Clutching the nearest peice of blunt metal, Ahsoka heaved herself up on shaking legs, barely able to stand.

"Ahsoka!"

The young Togruta lifted her head at the sound of the voice.

"Anakin" she murmered.

"I'm-!"

Ahsoka coughed roughly as dust and smog entered her lungs.

"I'm down h-here! Master!" Ahsoka shouted.

"Master Skywalker! Master!"
__________________________________

"Master!"

"Ahsoka?!"

Anakin knew he hadn't dreamed it. He scanned the battle ground rapidly, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.

"Master Skywalker! Master!"

Instantly, Anakin took off towards a pile of debris.

"Ahsoka?!"

"M-Master?!"

"Hold on snips!"

Anakin stood back and lifted both hands, curling his fingers in concentration. The shards and peices of junk lifted in command of the Force. With a grunt, Anakin tossed it aside.

And there she was.

Covered in scratches and dust from headtail to boot yet alive.

"Thought I was going to die down there" Ahsoka grinned weakly as Anakin offered her a hand which she took.

"Woah!"

Anakin had yanked his Padawan into his arms, hugging her tightly.

"Don't ever scare me like that again" Anakin said.

"Promise me."

Ahsoka exhaled a chuckle and returned the embrace.

"I promise Skyguy."