“Would you be okay with a piggy back?” he asked, gesturing down towards the mud. I looked up and met his beautiful, innocent eyes. I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat as he went down to the step below and gently took hold of my upper thighs. I wrapped my arms around his neck, squealing when he stumbled, nearly dunking us both in the mud.

                His grip on my thighs was loose, not tight and threatening. His walk was bouncy, just like his usual stroll and I had to hold tight onto his shoulders. I leaned forwards to open the gate for him and kissed his cheek from the side just as he let me down.

                “Thank you for saving my heels,” I replied and he gave me a small bow.

                “Anytime.”

                Dad had to go back and carry Mum out to the car. He drove down to the church behind us, picking Miss Holdana‘s sister on the way.

                Miss Holdana was already at the wedding, waiting to give Ally away and Josh was also there as the best man.

                The church was all decorated on the outside, a few groups of people crowded around. Most of them were the Tirrans family, but with Ally’s mother having passed and her father in prison, I didn’t expect many people to be there. I couldn’t see Carter or Dale, nor did I spot many people that I knew apart from Cooper’s parents.

                Mum and Dad went their separate ways to Eli and I as soon as we got inside. A warm gust of air hit me and Eli put his arm around my shoulder, gently kissing the top of my head. As we went to try and find seats, I noticed Carter with Dale to our right.

                “Hey,” I whispered, skimming through to sit in with Carter. Eli followed behind me, gently clasping my hand and holding it in his lap when we sat down.

                “Dale, meet Kat,” Carter introduced and Dale grinned, nodding.

                “Alright? This is Clara, my girlfriend,” Dale said, leaning back as a petite girl, complete with red hair, tipped black and dark makeup leaned forward.

                “Afternoon,” she greeted before leaning back against the pew, proceeding to lean on her boyfriend.

                Carter was about to say something when we both noticed Cooper and Josh slip to the front of the church. Cooper was clearly nervous as he rubbed his hands on his trousers, earning a slap from Josh. Cooper grinned, checking over his suit as some music started. Everyone quietened as the back doors to the church opened.

                Looking over my shoulder and cricking my neck in the process, I saw Ally enter. She was the very definition of breath taking. The long, white dress was pooling at her feet, trailing behind her. She wasn’t wearing a veil, instead, having long blonde curls covering the side of her face, framing her petite form and large hazel eyes. Miss Holdana was hobbling proudly beside her, looking up at her adoringly. When I glanced at the front, Cooper was completely entranced, staring at her as if she would disappear at any moment.