She's Broken

Preface.

love/ləv/
Noun:
An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
Verb:
Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".
Synonyms:
noun. affection - fondness - darling - passion
verb. like - be fond of - fancy - adore

Dictionaries. They define everything, don't they? If you don't understand a word, you look it up and there's your answer. Such a simple theory, so easy. They're like unique little guidance counsellors, always right, always hold all the answers. So, what happens when the dictionary is wrong? What happens when everything that you thought was right, was a lie?

scar/skär/
Noun:
A mark left on the skin or within body tissue where a wound, burn, or sore has not healed quite completely and fibrous connective tissue...: "a faint scar ran the length of his left cheek"
Verb:Mark with a scar or scars.

Love. An interesting concept, really. So key in today's society that you probably won't go a day without hearing the word, without being on the recieving end of that word.

Scars. We all have them. Whether yours is from the chickenpox or from a freak car accident, they still decorate your skin, still make you more interesting, one of a kind.

The last three years of my life have been everything but dictionary defined. My brother, he was meant to love me. That's what most people say, anyway. 'Family makes you who you are in the future'. Is that why I'm a freak? Is that why I can't trust men? Does it all boil down to those hours that my brother violated me in my own bed?

I laugh in the face of dictionary definition.

A/N: Um, newest one from me!:) Please let me know what you think, if this is any good and I know it's short, it's meant to be ;)