Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rough hands grabbed at my legs, pulling me down underneath him. No matter how much I squirmed, shoved or begged, they wouldn't let me go. His lips touched my neck, his arms on either side of my face. I lifted my head back, swallowing my sob and shoving on his shoulders. His lips didn't move from my neck when he grabbed my hands and held them above my head.

"Don't," he warned, leaning up and shooting me a look. His once bright violet eyes were dark with lust and anger. They used to match mine, sparkling with happiness whenever we went out on a ride, cantering around and playing pony polo.

A warm tear spilled down my cheek when he yanked on my top, making it sting when he forced it from my body.

"Finn, please," I begged, my voice becoming weaker and my shoves still doing no good. He clenched his jaw and straddled my hips, peering down at me with narrowed eyes.

"You will do this for me, Kat. You said that you loved me, you said that you'd help me get over her," he hissed, spit hiting my cheek. Although my heart was pounding and tingling was starting in my hands, Finn didn't care. He ignored my pleas when his hands worked their way down to my jeans, bringing goosebumps to life on my bare torso.

"Not like this," I whispered, it was too quiet for him to hear and he wasn't interested anyway, he was too busy working his jeans off. The terrifying sound of the zipper reached my ears and no matter how hard I tried to imagine myself somewhere else. It never worked and I was never ready, making it all the more painful to endure.

"You're gorgeous," he'd tell me afterwards. Pressing a kiss to my navel and then to my forehead before cleaning us up and disappearing, leaving me sobbing alone in my room until the pain from his unwelcome entrance stopped.

Suddenly, the door swung open and my brother stood there, his two friends behind him. They stalked towards me quietly before I'd even had time to change again, all of their eyes hungry.

"No, no. Not again, please, not again," I begged, tears flowing steadily and my breathing becoming deeper, the panic starting up. They didn't stop coming, they never stopped coming for me.

A soft snort from beside me woke me up with a start. I raised a shaking hand to my wet cheeks and took in the serene stable around me. Harley nuzzled against my neck and I sighed, gripping his snowy mane and burying my head against his neck.

Sleeping in with Harley had become a habit for me, now, especially when my mum was away. Whenever she used to go out, Finn used to be there, making me scared to be in the house alone.

Harley always seemed to be happy for the company, never minded sharing his straw with me or letting me use his stomach as a pillow. Granted, he wasn't as comfortable as a bed, but he was always there when I woke up, ready to comfort me.

"Hey, boy," I whispered, running my hand down his fur and through the tufts at the bottom of his mane. His golden, palomino fur was reflecting the light that shone on the straw, making it hot under my fingers.

Getting to my feet, Harley watched, his eyes following my every move as I leaned on the door and took a long intake of breath. The air went to my head, calming me down a little but a figure that was standing out on the field, made me jump.

Hot breath was on the back of my neck and I smiled to myself, putting my hand back blindly to grab Harley's halter, bringing him next to me. His hooves were heavy against the straw, making it moan beneath him when he moved.

"I must look a right mess. Surprised you haven't done a runner," I muttered, letting my fingers roam over his smooth muzzle and onto the crown of his head, in between his ears. He made another snorting sound, but didn't do anything else, just closed his eyes and enjoyed my touch.