alone in hell

Content warning: drinking, human experimentation

Yoongi looked up from the sidewalk and at the bright neon lights on the sign. It said in big green bubble letters Wesley's Irish pub with a leprechaun leaning against a mug of beer. He opened the door to see a bar filled with people shouting at each other, unconscious bodies from too much drinking, and a few people kissing messily in corners or on tables. It was bright on the inside with tacky orange wood everywhere. He let the doors close as he continued down the sidewalk for somewhere else. It was like the playground of bars for children, which wasn't going to be strong enough to ignore the memories in his head.

Keeping his eyes up as he walked through the night, he saw another bright sign with big magenta letters; Bitches n' Mixes. Under it said; bar with exotic, one-of-a-kind drinks and strip club with beautiful men and women at your service.

He walked towards the sign and soon enough into the club. It wasn't what he expected; old men and a strip pole with a poor excuse for a bar. It wasn't anything near it. It was classy despite the name with a few different areas with different poles. One spot for men wanting men to perform, one for men wanting women, one for women wanting men, and one for women wanting women. He was surprised for a second before continuing to a bar on the side. Next to it was a table with a man sitting to book people who wanted to pay for a special time with someone. His body was on automatic, walking to the bar and sitting down. His head slumped down as he just sat there.

[May 1998]

People came running back with small tin cups, like the ones people had small candles in or lip balm. They felt around his head for a wet spot on the table and placed them accordingly to collect. He cried harder despite trying so hard to hold back his tears and be the big boy his eomma always called him. Immediately, everyone went back to what they were before. They used the other containers they took from a box that had been put on a fold-up chair. Someone pushed a cold stethoscope against his bare chest, causing shivers to spread through his body. The room was chilly as it was, he was placed out on a table, and he was bare, so when the cold stethoscope was pushed against him, he automatically tried to bring in his arms and close his legs together. Goosebumps scattered across his body. His wrists hurt from pulling at the restraints and his thighs squeezed together to conserve any heat he could, staying as close to his body as he could, making someone shout again.

"Do you think urine samples should be taken?" Someone by his feet said, 'get all bodily fluids, we want as much data before we start and enough of everything to compare it to later on.' A few other people hummed in agreement without stopping at their task. He didn't know what was happening at the time.

He got sleepy from the blood he was losing to the blood bag. It was half full, and he was so hazy. Someone had taken a syringe with a sickly yellow liquid inside and flicked at it to get any bubbles in it to float up and then pushed it until a bit of fluid came out to assure all the air was out then proceeded to stick the needle in his skin and empty the syringe. He felt himself drifting off when he also felt someone push somewhere under his belly button in a way that made his bladder relax. Urine fell into something under him as he cried in shame and fell asleep.

"Hey there," he was pulled from his thoughts by a cute boy in tight leather underwear, a worker who he assumed was the bartender. "What can I get ya?" his voice had such a teasing aspect to it that would've been anyone's turn on, but it just made Yoongi feel worse. He felt challenged, even if it was playful.

"The sooner I can blackout, the better," Yoongi gave him a heartless smirk. The bartender pulled out a shot glass and began filling it up. He slid it across the counter to Yoongi, who glanced at it, offended. A dry chuckle escaped from him as he looked around to see if anyone was looking at them. When the coast was clear, he reached over the counter and stood up. He grabbed the boy by the throat and pulled him up close to his face. His eyes were melting from the warm brown that they usually were to an empty void of black. Under his hood, his hair was draining slowly of color at the roots, like it was awaiting a command to let the blonde color roll down his hair. The tips of his fingers started bubbling, dripping off the bone like acid under the skull of his right hand. The boy got lost in the black pooling in his eyes, unaware of what could be happening.