flowers

Content warning: mentions of self harm

yoongi was splayed across the couch, jimin flopped across him as they watched avatar together. it quickly became their show, jimin obsessed with the plot of the show and yoongi admiring the message and meaning the show had. he remembered soon after jin had moved in, joining their little family, he and namjoon were persistent in making him and hoseok watch it, telling them it should help them open their cold hearts up. they were right, though yoongi loved the show way more than the other.

"you remind me of zuko," jimin mumbled, his hand trailing across yoongis arm that wrapped around his torso.

"because im hot as fuck?"

"no!" jimin slapped yoongis arm, the older laughing heartily at it. "because you had a rough past but you're still a good person." jimins hands trailed across yoongis tattoos mindlessly.

yoongi hummed, a soft smile on his face. "and tae told me you can catch on fire, so," yoongi chuckled at that before mumbling 'i guess so.' both of them continued watching the show. if he were using that logic though, he could technically blood bend if he wanted to, but he didnt say anything. it wasnt something he found himself indulging in much, preferring compulsion.

they both laid there as the episodes flew by. jimin was entranced at the fight scenes, watching how each bender had their own very specific style to it. his hands kept trailing over yoongis arm, they protectively hung over jimins stomach.

nothing changed much after the news. jin asked what the plan was to which jimin excitedly said he wanted to keep them. jin was very persistent with making sure he had regular check ups, and even more persistent to yoongi about not biting or hurting him anymore. he inwardly pouted at that, the idea of keeping his hands off him, but knew it was probably for the better. his father had mentioned he needed to reel it back, as to not get hooked on something so instinctual.

the silence between them was comfortable. everything with the hybrid was comfortable. yoongi found himself opening up more to the rest of bangtans antics so long as jimin was a part of it. times where he would sit there, listening to them bicker and argue about silly topics, he found himself joining in and bickering along. other times when times got playful and physical, he would let jimin drag him into it, playing along just to see him smile. he loved his brothers more than anything, but jimin brought so much more to his life than he ever could have expected. his heart was blooming like the flowers on his body, opening up and soaking in the light that was jimin.

small fingers trailed across his arm, tracing the tattoos, his head empty as he let himself enjoy the moment.

"hyung," he lifted his head up to look at the other, watching carefully as he trailed his fingers across his arms. "the flowers are pretty." yoongi smirked, humming at the sentence.

"yeah?" his eyes were soft. the arm draped over the hybrids stomach pulled him closer to his chest, leaning his head back against the couch. jimin nodded, lifting yoongis arm closer to his face.

"i never really looked at them before," he continued. no one ever did, the tattoos on his other arm grabbing more attention. the haunting skulls and demonic numbers hooked peoples focus, no one ever seeing past the one arm to look at the other. when they did, the skulls littered between the flowers seemed to get more attention than the flowers themselves. he never really cared much, it being something for him and his brothers more than anyone else. the haunting forest of skulls his yin, the flowers across his chest and other arms his yang.

"no one really does," yoongi slurred, letting jimin hold the arm carefully, inspecting the petals that bloomed across his skin, a few skulls incorporated here and there.