family

yoongi woke up curled around the hybrid, arms splayed across his body. everything was different since that one night. weeks had passed and yoongi couldnt bring himself to part from jimin. they were attached at the hip, doing nearly everything together. if jimin wanted to go out and do something, yoongi would agree in a heartbeat, holding onto jimins small hand as he dragged yoongi wherever he wanted to go. if yoongi decided he needed something or wanted fresh air, jimin would pester him until he let him join.

everyone in the house knew of the recent development, taking any chance they could to tease the two about it. jimin was easy to fluster, blushing at any words anyone said about them. yoongi was harder to get to.

When Jin entered the kitchen that night, joining yoongi in cooking dinner, he was relentless in his teasing, saying things like, 'i was worried you would never find love,' or 'you look well rested, as per usual nowadays.' what got to yoongi, though, was when it was brought up.

jin scooted until he was next to yoongi, casually beginning to cut up some vegetables. "you know," jin started. yoongi hummed, showing the oldest he had his attention. "i was watching a movie with hoseok, and jimin comes downstairs covered in bruises and blood on his neck." yoongi flushed at the words, deciding he needed to do something on the other side of the kitchen, but jin followed. "whats that about?"

---

yoongi showed up very unannounced.

it was the middle of the night, when he shimmied out of jimins hold and slid to the floor, unable to wait any longer. he began meditating, breathing slowly as he felt the world around him fade, as his consciousness entered the underworld. he walked the very familiar path, but couldnt find his father.

he walked around some more, following another path, when he saw his father. he turned around, noticing his son, before opening his arms, pulling yoongi into a light hug.

"yoon, how unexpected." he spoke. "tell me, whats on your mind."

yoongi pulled away from the hug before squinting at him, "you never told me we have a thing for blood," he said, getting straight to the point. his father laughed, the crackling of the flames under his bark.

"you never asked." he simply responded. "besides, its a dark path to fall into." he laughed. "you grow obsessed with it, the power another soul gives you, but i sense you already know of this," he looked knowingly at yoongi. he sputtered under his fathers gaze, instantly looking at the ground.

"did you ever do it?" yoongi asked, switching the subject. his father laughed at that, slapping yoongis back.

"are you kidding? of course i have. i used to all the time," he said, sitting down on the floor. he patted on the ground next to him, gesturing for yoongi to join him. "i used to get sacrifices back in the day, and at that point its just free food." he glanced ahead of him, before turning back to yoongi. "i only indulge once a decade now," he said, tapping on the bark of his head. "gets to your head, starts messing with your humility. besides, after a while, it loses its value."

yoongi laughed softly. if anyone else heard the conversation, they wouldnt believe the man infront of him was lucifer. but yoongi knew him better than anyone else, both of them understanding each other more than anyone else. "i guess my question is should i be worried, then." yoongi mused.

his father hummed, "its jimin, right?" yoongi nodded. his father shrugged, patting yoongis shoulder. "i wouldnt worry about it, but dont do it a lot. more for his sake than yours. id stop you before anything gets out of hand." his chest puffed out, proudly, "i know how to keep my son in check." yoongi chuckled at that.