a killer

jimin stayed laying on jungkook and taehyung, a movie played softly in the background. he wasnt paying attention at all, instead focused on how taehyungs hands massaged the brown ears that popped out from his disheveled hair. it was lazy and effortless but the care that went into each pet had jimin nearly purring. he found himself adjusting a lot, his tail trying to move around but unable to.

namjoon had come back down after talking to yoongi a while ago, the other man nowhere to be found. 

"jimin" 

a bit startled, he turned to see jin. he stood there in an apron that had clearly been well-loved and worn frequently. it had intricate designs of vegetables and fruit in a watercolor-art style, a bit yellow from stains he probably couldnt get out.

"would you like to help me cook?"

hoseok perked up at jins request, before encouraging jimin to join. hoseok stood up to go to the kitchen, grabbing a black apron from the broom closet and tying it on himself. jimin looked over to jungkook, who hadnt looked away from the movie. he shifted his gaze to taehyung who had stopped petting him and smiled at him, gesturing for him to join the others. he stood up, following the oldest to the kitchen. he turned back, looking at namjoon.

"are you joining?"

jin cut him off immediately, "he will not be joining or the house will catch on fire and we'll have to relocate." jimins eyes widened and laughed

"how do you know i wont?" he poked, his tail swishing behind him. jin gave him a slight side-eye.

"yahh, you're changing so fast, really! this is unbelievable." hoseok could be heard laughing in the back, taehyung and jungkook yelling dramatic 'ohhh's from the living room. jimin couldnt help but realize the smile hadnt left his face through the whole exchange. he waited for jins every instruction.

the dish they were making tonight was bulgogi, according to hoseok. they began marinating the beef this morning and said it should be good enough. jin assigned hoseok and jimin to be in charge of side dishes. Hoseok pulled out some kimchi and told jimin to start chopping up the handfuls into medium pieces. he watched as hoseok showed him how to hold the knife, where his other hand should go, and watched as jimin cut up the pieces before deeming him good to do it on his own. jin began frying up the marinated beef and soon enough, the house started smelling amazing.

jimin had never really experienced anything remotely like this. the smells he was getting from numerous different sources, the sounds of sizzling from the kitchen, the knife cutting through the food, and the tv in the living room. he was almost overwhelmed. his body was on overdrive. but it was so good. everything was so different, yet it all somehow blended together and felt right.

hoseok prepared rice, lettuce, and other side dishes. before he knew it, he and hoseok were done with their various odd jobs. hoseok took jimin to the cabinets and they started setting the table when they heard creaking coming from the worn-down stair case. 

yoongi made his way into the kitchen, going beside jin before pulling out a pan to help cook something else. jimin caught a glimpse of his face, only a small part of his cheek was missing skin. he sighed, relief filling his body. he thought about when he first fell through the front door and how he looked. the blood, the injury. he shuddered. yoongi seemed almost completely fine now, jimin unsure how that even worked but didnt question it. he knew bangtan was special but he never really thought about why

before he knew it, it was time for dinner. everyone sat down at the table while jin and yoongi placed the various dishes on the table. jimin sat down, staring at the food in front of him. he still wasnt entirely sure how much of this he could eat, as he'd never really had anything other than medicine, smoothies and milk. his thoughts were interrupted when someone sat down next to him.