Part 41 - Mehandi - l

Comincia dall'inizio

Obviously Aayu is getting married, and after the wedding we won't be together like before.

I look at my sister sitting right across me on the other side glowing as she is having her hands being dorned with mehandi(henna) with most of the ladies there as well getting their hands being painted with mehandi.
It's very rare to see her smiling and being so happy like that. Specially after our real parents' death and the trauma by the Kapoors, she did change.

" I think you should go to her..!! Spend as much as you can time with her..!! "
Shree says understanding what's going on in my head.

" You're right..
I should do that..!! "
I reply.

After saying that I head towards my sister and the other girls.

" Wow Aayu...
Your mehandi looks absolutely beautiful. "
I say as I take a look at the design the mehandi artist did on my sister's hands.

" By the way, where did you have your Sameer's name written..?? "
I ask teasing her playfully as she just rolls her eyes at me and replies ;

" Try and look for it..!!!
I'm not telling you where it is..!! "
Ayesha says the last line as she shows me her tongue and smiles.

" Okay...
Lemme see then..!!!
I'm definitely gonna spot it..!!!
It's just a matter of time..!! "
I say all determined to find the hidden name on her palm.

" How's everything going on here..!!? "
Mom asks as she goes near us.

" Great mom..!!!
See naa...
The mehandi is almost done..!!!
How is it?? "
Ayesha asks as she proudly puts her hands in front of our mother.

" It's really very beautiful Baby..!!!
And I'm sure that you know what we say rightttt...!!?? "
Our mother says reminding us of an old traditional belief and continues playfully as I join her ;
" That the darker the mehandi leaves its stain behind, the deeper your husband loves you...!!! "

I wink at my sister who by now turned red due to blushing while Sakshi adds as she and Liza comes near us ;
" And since we all know how much you and Sameer love each other, I can guarantee that your mehandi will be 100% be dark..!!! "

" Sakshi lemme see your mehandi..!! "
Mom says as she notices Sakshi's hands.

" Even yours look very good dear..!!! "
Mom says as Sakshi smiles brightly at her while saying thanks Aunty.

" Liza...
Why have you not applied mehandi yet?? C'mon come here we'll get yours done..!!!
Princess... Even you come along...
After all it's your Aayu's wedding..!! "
Mom states as she holds us by our hands and guide us to the henna artists and tell them to apply the mehandi on our hands as well while they start doing the next second itself.

Few minutes later and my palm is already half decorated with henna, and suddenly I hear the lady tell Maa Sa ;
" The mehandi cones are over..!!!
Mam we need more..!!! "

" I'll get it..!!! Since most of you have mehandi on both your hands and me on only one, it'll be easier for me..!!! Moreover I know where the rest of the cones are..!!
Just a minute..!! "
I say as I excuse myself to go get more henna cones.

Samraat POV
Meanwhile

" Where is Riya going guyss!!?? "
I ask Shree and Chotu as we watch Riya walk away from the other ladies.

" Seriously Samraat...!!!! "
Shree says sarcastically making me look at him while he continues ;
" Like seriously..!!!! How am I supposed to know that??? I think even I have been standing here with you all this time.... "