Bleeding // Twenty-Eight

Evie whistled low as she got out of the car, staring up at the mansion. It was gorgeously old, gothically beautiful. Tall spires and long windows, a never-ending lawn covered in the previous night's snowfall.

A man dressed in a white button down shirt and black slacks came to the door before they could even get out of the car. He had graying hair and a welcoming face. "Mr. Harmon, I wasn't expecting you."

"No worries, Garrett." Cade closed the door of the Alfa Romeo. "How is she?"

Garrett smiled. "Doing just fine, sir. The kitchen renovation was completed a little over a week ago."

It dawned on Evie that they were talking about the house.

"I do always have the master bedroom set up. I suppose you'll be using it?" He asks.

"Oh yes," Cade said, taking Evie's hand, "and quite soon." He said, looking at Evie with a blatant heat in his eyes.

"Very well. As it seems you don't have any luggage, I can purchase some clothes for the miss tomorrow, if that's alright with you."

Cade nodded. "And a good dinner for tonight."

"But no breakfast preparations, I assume."

"You would assume correctly." Cade brought Evie to the man. "Garrett, this is Evie. My fiancée." He said proudly, beaming.

Gosh, Cade was cute. Damn cute.

Garrett held out a hand. Evie took it, and then he kissed the back of her palm. She had to titter shyly at the formality of it all.

"I'm Garrett, the groundskeeper." He said. "As well as anything else you might need." He winked. "Cade pays me quite handsomely for just such."

They shuffled inside, out of the cold.

"Garrett, we'll be down for dinner at seven." He told him, and Cade marched straight to the staircase with Evie in tow.

She laughed, "Do I get a tour?"

"Mm," he decided, "after dinner. For now, I want you simpering and naked on my California King sized bed, and I want to tour you."

Oh. She flushed. Garrett probably heard that.

Cade knew where he was going so she followed him, lovesick puppy style. He walked all the way down the hall and opened the last door at the end.

She christened the bed by launching herself on top of it in a fit of giggles. Because who doesn't? She splayed herself out of the sheets, relishing in the pillowtop mattress. "Oh, god," she moaned, "this bed is heaven. Why didn't you have one at your apartment?"

Cade wasn't all that far behind, sitting on the edge, crossing one of his legs under himself and leaving one off the bed. "Dunno, really. Slept on a lot of cots in my day, on the ground. Any mattress is a good one to me."

She ran her fingers over the beautiful, hand-carved mahogany wood.

Cade grinned and pulled on her ankle with a loud squeal. He crawled between her thighs, and covered her mouth with his. "To think," he murmured, "they're probably all wondering where the groom is, and he's just off making love with his fiancée."

She groaned in embarrassment. "I still cannot believe we just ruined a wedding. All that planning, all that food, for naught."

He took her left hand and kissed the ring on her finger. "I'm ecstatic you did." He murmured. "And I can't even tell you how fucking happy I am that you said yes."

They dissolved into no more conversation. Cade moved from her lips down to her throat, marking her fragile pale skin like a horny seventeen year old boy. He started popping buttons on her shirt.