Breathless // Eleven

Evie woke curled up in Cade's chest, wearing little more than a thick flannel shirt. He was still sleeping peacefully. Usually he was always up before she was. She wasn't even sure he really slept, seeing as she usually fell asleep before he did too. Face to face with his chest, she wondered idly what could lie under the shirt that made him so opposed to her touching him.

Cade had remained in the bathroom for a few minutes more last night, presumably taking a cold shower. Her eyes fell to the waistband of his pants. There was a large scar in the inguinal space of his hips that she could see since his shirt had risen up.

I'd give my left arm for a blow... I say left because I would need my right later on.

The meaning behind his words dawned on her, and she didn't know whether or not to cringe.

She turned to look at the clock. The red digits told her it was just shy of ten AM.

Cade shifted in his sleep, lying on his back. She took the moment to carefully straddle his hips, then realizing that he was aroused in his sleep, she inches down a bit.

My criminal.

She delicately ran a finger over his scar. Evie inched his shirt up, still not knowing if the inked parts of his skin felt any different than the uninked. With featherlight touch, she brushed from art to skin. No. It felt the same.

Evie wanted him to feel what she did last night. She felt indebted to him.

With more featherlight touch, she continued to pull up his shirt. He breathed deeply in sleep and stretched slightly. She ran her fingers over his happy little trail, stopping at the fabric of his pants.

Curiously, Evie ran her fingers over his clothed male anatomy. He twitched, mildly alarming her. She did it again and he sighed. She wondered if it would be wrong to touch him while he was sleeping, but he's done worse things to her than touch her clothed body.

She looked up at his busted nose and bruised eyes. It looked worse than yesterday.

Make him feel better. Her subconscious prodded at her. Her gaze drifted back down. Don't those hurt after too long?

No! She couldn't possibly. Not like... That...

But he was just so fun to touch. Evie ran her hands even further up his torso, gently scratching as she came back down. He made a little noise in the back of his throat that she found she enjoyed.

Feeling cheeky, she kissed the man's sleeping lips, and she watched his silver eyes open. She sat back. He propped himself on one elbow, looking more curious than anything else. "Don't let me stop you."

"You weren't asleep."

He shook his head with a little smile. "No. I've been waiting for you to."

Losing her nerve, she rolled her eyes at him and tried moving off him. He grabbed her thigh and kept her in place. "What were you gonna do?"

"Nothing." She lied.

He looked at her seriously. "You certainly weren't going to wake me up for whatever it was."

She shrank, ashamed, tried to get off him again. He kept that hand on her thigh and kept her there. "I'm sorry." She said, sincerely, tried again to move but that hand wouldn't budge. "You made your point, let me go."

"I'll let you go, but you have to answer my question honestly."

She played dumb. "What's your question?"

"What were you gonna do?" He asked again, that cocky little smirk still plastered all over his face.

Well, he's certainly honest with me. "I was... gonna... blow you." She couldn't keep her voice above a whisper, and certainly couldn't make eye contact.

Insomniaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें