EX OLD

"Well, if nice means that I want to cut off your three inch dick." Lena adds, giving him a fake smile.

"Ouch, it's just a bit bigger than that, baby." He leans against a shelf.

"So like, three and a quarter inches, and that's being generous." Lena relaxes against the counter, crossing her arms over her chest. "Thea, this is the man who broke my larynx, femur, ribs, arm, and orbital in under 12 hours, then made me lose my entire fucking sanity in a few seconds by sending my heart through a fucking wood chipper."

"I'm sorry." He mutters. "I need to talk with you about something."

"Go fuck your little slut wife or something! Get lung cancer! Do something useful."

"Hey," he growls, grabbing her by the throat. "Don't you dare-"

"Don't I dare what?!" She screams. "Call you for what you are?! A little bitch who wanted so desperately into a broke college student's pants?! A cheating bastard?! How about an uncultured dumbfuck who didn't even understand the titles of the college classes I had? Rapist? How about that! A fucking rapist!?"

She tears at his hands as they constrict around her neck.

Thea cries out for help. His cold silver eyes bore holes in hers. Her lungs burn. She can see the deep scar across his face where she ripped a key through his flesh. The world starts to close in. Lena holds back tears of terror, grabbing at his fingers uselessly. She's going to die. He's going to kill her. A fist strikes Cade across the face, letting Lena fall. Cade runs off.

Thea sobs in fear, mid panic attack.

"You mostly okay, Miss?" Her savior asks.

Lena rubs at her throat. "Better than her, anyway." She croaks. "Thea, I'm fine." Lena looks over at the panicking girl. "Just a little bruise-" she coughs, "-d."

The man glares at Cade as he escapes.

"I'm surprised he actually stumbled." Lena mumbles.

"It helps if you're a trained boxer, Miss." He answers, taking the paper bag that Lena passes to him to keep Thea from hyperventilating.

"Thank you... Uh-"

"Micah." He gives her a small smile. "Want me to call the cops?"

"No. I don't want this to go to court or anything. He just needs to go back to where he came from. I'm Lena, by the way. That's Thea. Christian's bound to come running any minute."

He nods, getting Thea to slow down her breaths.

"Oh dear god, what happened?!" Christian cries, running down the steps.

"My ex happened." Lena informs him hoarsely, rubbing at her neck.

"Are you alright, Lena? Thea?" Christian asks worriedly.

"Thea'll be okay in a minute." Lena murmurs.

"Are you okay?" Christian asks, pulling Lena to her feet.

"Sure." Lena lies, coughing. "I'm fine."

"What are the bruises on your neck? He choke you or something? I should call the police-" Christian rambles.

"He did. It's nothing a mint tea, some sleep, and a scarf won't fix. Don't call he police. I'm not going to press charges. He just needs to return to where he came from." She coughs again.

He sighs. "Well, if you say so. Go ahead and take the day off, though. I don't want you to make anything worse."

She nods.