Light // Sixteen

Cade woke on Evie's chest, feeling her drag her fingers through his hair.

"'Morning." She murmured sleepily.

Cade turned, hovering over her curvaceous little frame. He placed a kiss to her sternum. "Good morning." He says against her skin, placing a kiss to each peak of her breast.

He traveled back up to her lips, placing kisses along the way - his mark, her jawline, the corner of her mouth. "I may not own you but we are an item, yes?" Cade asks. They better fucking be, considering what he revealed to her last night.

She laughs, and he falls in love with the delicate sound. "Cade, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Baby, I'll be your anything." He murmured.

Evie continued to run her hands through his hair. "Breakfast?" She asks. She'd gotten so used to it. Her stomach had been growling anxiously for the last several minutes.

He chuckles darkly. "I can be your breakfast."

She hits him on the arm. "That's not what I meant and you know it."

"You were thinking about it last night." He rumbles, looking her in the eyes.

"Fuck! I did say that!" She covers her face with her hands. "Oh, god that's really embarrassing."

"As long as you don't mind the fact that I want you for breakfast, I think we can let it slip." He begins kissing down her chest, pulling back the covers.

Evie pulls his head back up. "But not today."

He groans. "Baby, please-" he stills. "But not today." I'm no vampire.

She nods vehemently. "We still need to go to the store."

"And you stink of alcohol. I don't like it." Cade gets off the bed. "Go shower. I'll make breakfast." Maybe run an errand or two. He kisses her on the lips, then snags his jeans up off the floor and puts them on.

*

Evie walked out of the steamy bathroom, welcoming the familiar sight of Cade in the kitchen with sexily tousled hair and no shirt.

She glanced at the table. "You bastard!" She cried. "No, please, you didn't!"

Shopping bags on the table.

"Jesus." He mutters. "It was so quiet and you just start screaming."

She was mortified. Cade- buying- feminine products! No!

"You went to the store without me!"

He turns. "Will you chill out? I just went to the grocery store. There's one on the corner and we were out of butter."

"You freaking bought-! Cade!" She scurried to the table, digging through the bags.

He looked at her as she flushed deeply red, and he suddenly understood. "I thought we already talked about this. Women have needs. I get it. Good lord. No reason to scream about it. Your embarrassment literally just makes us talk about it even more."

Evie never even let her father buy her pads at the store.

It's so mortifying.

"Sunshine, the only thing people think about that is that I'm taken. I really don't mind people thinking that. It means women ogle at me less."