New Year's Eve (Not mine)

Start from the beginning

The shift in your emotions didn't go unnoticed by the girls, especially by Wanda who could sense how your feelings and nostalgia for Peter increased the more you were apart. And viceversa, because no matter how much Peter denied it, sometimes he just wanted to ditch Mr. Stark's plans and just be with you.

The infamous New Year's eve party finally came after an exhausting week, for both parts, and this was supposed to be the night you would confess your feelings for each other.

Hopefully.

You weren't aware of that just yet, which is why you were confused when Natasha brought to your room an elegant black gown instead of the simple dress you had agreed to wear before. You didn't fight it though, because if one thing was clear for you since you became an avenger, it was that you never said no to Natasha. Ever.

The dress wasn't even that bad to be honest, perhaps a bit tight around some areas, yet it still made you feel hot in it.

And you wished Peter could see that.

You caught a few glances of him throughout the night, and he was indeed wearing a very expensive suit Tony probably got him, yet every time you tried to reach for him someone distracted you and took you to the literal opposite side of the wide ball room.

As the night went by and time grew closer to the new year countdown, you were getting more anxious and desperate to find Peter. After a week of barely seeing the boy you were head over heals for, you really needed to see him.

Because when the clock hit midnight and it signaled a new year started, you would have an excuse or well, a slight chance to kiss him.

For what seemed to be tenth time in the night you were able to see his curly mop of hair amongst the crowd, Tony's arm was wrapped around his shoulder as he introduced him to some people you didn't recognize. You took a step forward in his direction, but before you could walk any further a voice behind you stopped you.

"Honey, if a man really likes you, he will come running to your feet" Natasha said, putting a hand on your shoulder to give it a gentle squeeze of encouragement.

"But what if he doesn't–"

"I don't think you'll have a problem with that" Wanda said as she linked her arm with yours so you could start walking with them towards a photo booth in the opposite direction of Peter, your feet unconsciously following.

You brows furrowed in confusion at her statement, making both women laugh and shake their heads at your obliviousness.

"Just like you've been staring at him, he's been doing the same thing the whole night" Natasha finally confirmed before winking at you and linking her arm with your free one.

You bit your lower lip in an attempt to hide the shy smile that creeped it's way onto your face and sighed in defeat as you arrived the photo stand.

You smiled and posed in every picture, even though your mind was somewhere else. You didn't like playing hard to get, hell if you weren't in your right mind you would've already 'ran to his feet' and jumped in his arms to let him know how much you wanted him. Okay, maybe you were exaggerating a little bit.

But you missed him so much it was driving you crazy, and all you could think about was kissing those pretty lips when the clock hit 12.

1 minute till the new year.

People had gathered around the center of the ball room forming a circle, leaving the billionaire himself right in the middle so he could make the toast or something like that. You weren't exactly listening, as your eyes finally connected with Peter's who was all the way across from you.