By The Water Fountain P4

Summary: Having unrequited love for your best friend wasn't exactly your plan, but you can't always help who you fall for... especially when that someone was Peter Benjamin Parker.

Requested: Yes

Word Count: 3.7k

Warning(s)?: Angst, F!Reader, Fluff, Swearing (a little), Light smut. Minors DNI!

——————————————————–

By The Water Fountain

The entire car trip to Homecoming was filled with Brad's voice, talking about anything and everything as if he was oblivious to you sitting quietly and still in the passenger seat, your thumbs twiddling with themselves again as Peter's words played on repeat inside your head.

'Iloveyou' Your heart wasn't meant to be breaking at his words, when you pictured Peter saying that you, your heart would be soaring and you would be so overcome with joy that you'd leap into him and kiss him until you couldn't breathe. Instead, it was as if there wasn't enough oxygen in the world to keep you going.

Tears prickled in your eyes, a sob lodging in the back of your throat.

''So after Homecoming we'll head to Chad's, then we can sneak off on our own... you know... have some fun'' Brad's voice lowered a little near the end, hinting at what he had in store for this evening. But the thought was making you feel sick to the stomach. You had no intention on going to the after party little own Homecoming anymore. You gulped nervously, your stomach churning more and more.

''Stop the car'' You spoke hoarsely, your right hand hovering over your mouth as if you were about to be sick. Brad looked over to you curiously, hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

''Are you okay?'' He asked, the soft tunes from the radio dulling out. You shook your head and lent against the window, the car went over a speed bump jolting your stomach.

''Please, stop the car'' Brad complied and pulled the car over. You jumped out just before he came to a stop, walking a few paces forwards and bending over, resting your hands against your knees as you trembled slightly. Air felt stuck in your throat and you couldn't get it out. your heard Brad's car door slam shut again in the distance, rushing footsteps behind yourself.

''Woah, woah, hey, are you alright? are you going to be sick?'' He kept his distance, his hand hovering over your back.

'Iloveyou'

''I just need a minute'' You weren't sure if you meant that for yourself or Brad but you soon found yourself sitting down on the ground, knees curling up into your chest as your arms wrapped around them. Brad stood in front of you, not seeming to know what to do.

''Do you want me to call your parents or...?'' The first tear fell onto your cheek. Your parents? What were they going to do? Hear the heartbreak in their daughter's voice and catch the first flight home, promise to never go on such long business trips again and rebuild their family bond? You wanted to laugh but instead sobbed.

''So what? So they can tell me their parental advice over the phone, thousands miles away as they sip champagne at some fancy restaurant?'' You knew they were away for work but in the moment you didn't care how it came out, it hurt, everything hurt too much and you wanted it to stop.

''They don't care Brad! They're not here! My best friends were all I had and I went and fucked it up, I thought that maybe, after dating you everything would finally go away, i'd feel as if I wasn't so lonely anymore and that I matter but I DON'T, I STILL FEEL EMPTY'' Tears were pouring from your eyes now as you let it all out. You rose to your feet and stumbled slightly in your heels on the grass. Brad was taken aback, his eyes wide as he looked lost.