Rewrite The Stars

Summary: Could you write a Peter Parker x Stark! Reader? A song fic inspired by 'Rewrite The Stars' from 'The Greatest Showman'. When They're madly in love, but Tony forbids the reader to date Parker. When they were both training, Peter starts singing Zac's parts of the song and the reader soon joins singing Zendaya's parts. Basically what happens in the movie, but with Parker and the reader and instead of swinging around using ropes, they use Peter's webs? Love your work ❤️ -Anon

Requested: Yes, thanks for the request! THIS SONG HAS ME CRYINGG

Word Count: 2.7k

Warning(s)?: HEAPS of angst, Musical AU, Singing Reader!Peter, Lyrics are in bold ()

——————————————————

Rewrite The Stars

"You know why I do all of this right?" You sighed once you heard the familiar sound of your fathers voice from behind you. You were currently leaning against the rails on the balcony outside the avengers complex, you often came outside for the fresh air, admiring New York's night life from above.

"Yes" You responded shortly, not really in the mood to have another one of these 'conversations' with your father.

Tony had walked up beside you and lent against the railing as well, seeming to soak up the view as much as you were. You bit your lip nervously, glancing to your side before looking out again.

"Then you understand why I set these kind of rules..." Here we go again, Tony and his list of 'rules' for you. It was understandable to have rules set for your teenage daughter, but the rules he set were just plain crazy.

"Yes dad, we've only had this discussion a thousand times" You whined, starring down at the streets below.

"Then we'll keep having this discussion till it sinks in" Was his only reply causing you to roll your eyes. You lent away from the railing and turned on your heel, beginning to walk away.

"Hey" You stopped where you were and sighed to yourself once again, slowly spinning back around to face your father.

"I'm doing this for you, to protect you-" You began to grow frustrated with him so you cut him off with a raised voice.

"To protect me? You're not protecting me you're smothering me!" Your tone laced with anger. All your father did was glance down to the ground and shake his head.

"I'm trying to do what's best for you..." He mumbles loud enough for you to hear. You could feel tears beginning to pool in the corner of your eyes but you were too angry to let them fall.

"Yeah, you're always trying to do what's best for me" You sarcastically bit back before turning away, walking through the door. You shut it behind you and made your way into the living room, passing Steve and James as you did.

"Another one?" Steve had commented, not being able to help himself over-hearing.

"Don't even get me started..."

~Training room

You walked over to the speaker set and popped in your phone, hitting the instrumental playlist that you often worked out too. You let the relaxing melody soothe you, letting itself push away the negative energy that was currently flowing through your body.

You had heard the training room doors open but chose to ignore it, focusing on the punching bag that was right in front of you. You released a blow to the poor bag, sending it flying backwards as all of your anger got released through your fists.