Wish I Was

Summary: He still remembered the 3rd of December... even if you didn't.

Requested: No, inspired by this song ^^^

Word Count: 1.4k

Warning(s)?: Angst, NWH Spoilers!

——————————————————–

Wish I Was

I still remember the 3rd of December.

''What's happening?'' Peter panicked, climbing up towards Dr Strange as his arms flayed around, trying to control the incoming doom ahead.

''They're starting to come through and I can't stop them''

''There's gotta be something we can do. Can't you just just cast a spell again? Like the original way, before I screwed it up'' Peter asked, his eyes finally flying from side to side assessing the threat emerging in the short distance. 

''We're too late for that... they're already here. They're here because of you'' Dr Strange knew he didn't mean it to sound as harsh as it did but it was too late. Peter's eyes flickered from him, to the crack in time and space then down below. Strange's heart broke for the kid once he saw what his gaze was fixed upon. His friends, fellow Spider-mans from other timelines and then you. Peter's eyes locked onto you after making sure the others were safe and out of danger. 

His bottom lip trembled when he saw your smile, wrapping your arms around Ned then MJ, enjoying the fact that everything was finally over. If only...

''What if everyone forgot who I was?'' Dr Strange couldn't believe it.

''What?'' Dr Strange exasperated. 

''They're coming here because of me, right? Because i'm Peter Parker? So cast a new spell... But this time, make everyone forget who Peter Parker is... Please... make everyone forget...me'' Peter's breath grew ragged, his chest heaving up and down with each new breath. His heart was clenching so tightly inside his chest, the break beginning to crack.

''No'' Strange disagreed.

''But it would work, right?''

''Yeah, it would work. But you gotta understand, that would mean everyone, who knows and loves you, We'd... we'd have no memory of you... it'll be as though you never existed'' He hated the fact that the kid knew what he was talking about. Peter gulped visibly, glancing back down to everyone below, regretting the choice he was making but knew it was for the best. Peter couldn't be selfish with his friends and you, not when it meant everything else would crumble.

Peter sniffled, blinking rapidly to try and remove the unshed tears from his eyes.

''I know... do it'' Peter's eyes remained locked on the group below, a small smile across his face as he watched from above, enjoying the last few moments of everything before... before the whole world would forget.

''Then go and say your goodbyes, we don't have long'' Strange could feel his own heart strings tugging.

''Thank you, sir'' Peter nodded.

''Call me Stephen...'' Dr Strange nodded towards the young male. Peter's eyes glanced up and widen softly.

''Thank you, Stephen'' Strange chuckled a little. Peter left with a small smile as well, webbing down towards the ground towards the group. 

''Oh my... thank god you're okay'' You were the first to race towards Peter, arms instantly wrapping around his neck, clutching hime close. You felt the fan of his breath against your neck, slowly beginning to slow your racing heart. You tugged him a little closer, a lone tear leaving your eye before letting him go reluctantly. Ned and MJ were next to give him a squeeze.