My Best Friend's Wedding

Summary: A wedding invitation from your best friend is the greatest news you've eve- no... no it wasn't and you were going to change that.

Requested: No

Word Count: 1.5k

Warning(s)?: Angst, swearing, mutual pining, Friends-Lovers trope, Ex Peter!Reader (further warnings will be added...)

——————————————————–

''I'm getting married!'' 

You had no idea how those 3 little words would turn your world on it's axis. 3 such meaningful words yet not directed at you, of course never you. At the surface you were thrilled, ecstatic as you screamed happily into the phone at the news. Depp down, deep down a storm was brewing in the pits of your stomach to the point you were close to puking. You hiccuped to yourself, trying to quench the tornado inside which earned a worried response from him over the line. He had no idea the fear and crushing disappointment you were going through at this very moment, and if you could help it, he would never know.

''Oh Spidey... that's amazing news!'' It wasn't. Another gulp followed by a reoccurring hiccup. That glass of wine you left moments ago to answer the phone was tempting to be consumed in it's entirety, maybe a second bottle would be a nice chaser to the glass. However, as the ramblings of how he met his soon to be wife began, your mind became adrift.

It was an unconventional yet functional friendship between you and Peter. Both having met in high school during a recess break where Flash was pulling a prank on the brown eyed boy. You had moved in from Minnesota the fall just gone, only having made one friend in the short time of arrival, MJ. She quickly busied herself with showing you around, all her favourite spots which quickly became yours too. She was a quiet girl, no not shy, she was more than confident within herself to voice her opinions on matters that she seemed needed her input. A quality you soon grew to admire about her.

During the unfortunate incident during recess, she had left to grab you both some coffee from the local cafe which served the best caramel latte you've experienced in your life, which ultimately left you meeting Peter for the first time, at the hands on his nemesis. Peter's eyes were wide and fearful, mimicking a puppy who had just got told off by their owner for peeing on their bedspread.

''Watch it Peter, wouldn't want to have this pretty girl watch you piss yourself, loser!'' You scoffed internally at the short boy, wanting nothing more than to make his vision blurry but chose not to move. You had a perfect attendance score and no detentions, you weren't about to ruin that now. Once the 'Flash' guy had left followed by tweedle dee and tweedle dum you stepped towards the boy on the ground cautiously. 

''Are you okay?'' The boy coughed a couple of times before slowly standing to his feet. He was busy looking down at the grass, adjusting his glasses that sat upon his freckled nose with a huff.

''I'm fine...'' He began to walk away, not once glancing up to meet your gaze. This time you huffed to yourself, watching how he quickly began jogging away before a shimmer in the sunlight caught your eye. You peaked towards the ground to see a glass jaw filled with some kind of... webbing? With measured steps, you slowly bent down to retrieve the object before calling out to the retreating boy.

''Hey, I think you dropped this!'' The boy haltered, slowly turning around to glance at the glass jar in your hands. Your eyes didn't fail to catch the shock evident on his face, though it quickly fled moments later. He paced back towards you, taking the jar softly from your hand and stuffing it into his backpack.