You're A Loser part 7

Summary: Peter had no idea you existed... till now. Who knew that just with one little text to the wrong number your whole world was about to change.

Requested: No

Word Count: 1.4k

Warning(s)?: Popular!Peter, Loser!Reader

——————————————————

You're A Loser

''Honey, do you know what kind of kids go to a party and get drunk?'' Your mother had woken you up a little after 8 in the morning, once she saw your state of drunkenness she immediately wanted to hold a family meeting. Great.

''Kids with low self esteem, Y/N do you have low self esteem?'' Your mum could be way too much for you sometimes. You rolled your eyes in annoyance, of course the answer was going to be yes. You were offended that she even had to ask you, her own daughter. She should have known.

''Mum...''

''I thought we taught you, R-E-S-P-E-C-T'' Again you rolled your eyes, your headache from early this morning still kicking on. You wanted a panadol and fast.

''Rein in-''

''Every self doubt, Peer expectation and competitive thought'' You repeated along with her in boredom. You've heard this speech many times before.

''Yes mum I know okay?'' You were growing more and more annoyed by the second.

''Okay'' she responds, lifting her hands in the air for emphasis.

''Wait a minute, wait, before you try to argue your way out of this, which we all know you cando with exceptional talent, you're grounded'' You nodded in response. You weren't surprised by that and honestly you accepted the consequences.

''Okay''

~*~*~*~*

''We hop in a car, it's a super fast ride. We dance on the bar and have a sweet time'' The class began to applaud the fellow student for her poem, she instantly greeted everyone with a warm smile back. You were too engrossed in your phone to really pay attention. Your fingers hovered over the screen, wanting to desperately send a message to Peter but you weren't sure on what to say.

You opted for a simple 'hey'

''And now, ast but not least, our resident progeny of literary greatness, Y/N Y/L/N'' Your eyes widened as you hoped popped up from your phone that you were hiding underneath your desk. Shit, fuck, you were so entirely undoubtedly screwed.

''I-i-i forgot'' You stuttered out, feeling the class eyes on the back of you.

''What do you mean you forgot?'' The teacher responded in a confused manner. This was a first for you.

''Are you trying to prove a point?'' You growing more and more embarrassed by the second.

''I forgot...'' You spoke up in a small voice, your head dropping down in shame. You could hear the teacher sigh from in front of you.

''I'm sorry, there's just.. so much has been going on lately...'' You trailed off, trying to find some sort of excuse. You weren't one for being late on an assessment, never in your schooling life have you not handed something in on time. You had wanted to cry. You could already hear the future conversation with your parents playing through your head as soon as you walked through the front door this afternoon.

''Well you know this is going to cost you'' You knew that, oh god did you know that.

''And you still have to do the assignment'' Lucky with this you were saved by the break bell.

~*~*~*~*

''I'd passed out and I have no idea whether or not I told Britt the truth and by the time I tried calling her she had already done it'' Zack was eager to hear the details of your first ever party, despite being disappointed that he wasn't there with you.

''I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth...'' Today had just been an awful day for you all round.

''Well wait-'' Zack was cut off by Brittany storming past, barrelling into you, throwing her arms around you as she began to cry softly into your shoulder. You instantly wrapped your arms back around her and smiled sadly towards Zack who was wearing a very confused expression on his face.

''Hey, what's wrong?'' Brittany just shook her head and buried her head further into the crook of your neck, seeking comfort.

''I just... I just need a hug'' she responded back through her tears, her pulling you closer towards her. You ignored the weird looks people in the hall were giving you and continued hugging her back, trailing your hand softly up and down her back.

''Oh god... this ain't good'' With Zack's words you turned your head to face him with slight annoyance. But as soon you noticed his gaze down the hall you soon followed, seeing Peter out of the corner of your standing at the end with his friends. Yours eyes widen and your whole body stiffen as Brittany begins to settle down a little.

''Britt what happened, are you okay?'' Your focus was once again back on what was important, Brittany.

''He dumped me'' This broke your heart. You knew how much he meant to her.

''Spence he.. dumped me again'' She sounded broken and it almost broke your heart to see her this way. He was a complete tool. He just lost the greatest girl he'll ever meet in his life.

''Can we talk?'' Brittany asked, finally pulling away from you with teary eyes, her mascara running down her cheeks. She still managed to look absolutely breathtaking. You nodded your head in response, following her down the hall.

Zack turned his head once again to see Peter's attention now on the two of you. Had he seen or heard the entire thing?

~*~*~*~*

''Screw him, he doesn't deserve you I mean come on, you are way too good for him'' Brittany smiled at your efforts in trying to cheer her up. You've spent the past few minutes in the girls bathroom, discussing what had happened.

''This never would have happened if I was dating someone like Peter...'' She seemed to trail off with a dreamy sigh.

''He's one of the good ones. He's hot, and weird, smart and-''

''Do you like him?'' You couldn't help but sound a little jealous. Of course you wouldn't blame her if she did, he was all of those things and so much more. Plus, he wasn't yours and never will be, Peter and Brittany fit perfectly together, they are both in the same social hierarchy, they just... fit.

''No!'' You frowned slightly in response to this, knowing her response was a little quick.

~*~*~*~*

The idea of Brittany liking Peter had haunted your thoughts for the rest of the school day. You found it incredibly hard to concentrate in any of your classes. You were kicking yourself mentally for feeling this way. Brittany is an amazing girl and he's an amazing guy, nothing should get in the way of them two being together. You didn't want to be selfish with him. You couldn't.

Guys like him didn't date girls like you. End of story.

You kept replaying the image of Brittany's heartbroken expression in your mind, then her smile when she mentioned dating someone like Peter. You sighed to yourself, pushing back your own tears as you finally made up your mind on what you had wanted.

You knew what you were going to do.

You were going to stop talking to Peter Parker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This chapter was more focused on the growing friendship between both Y/N and Brittany, I feel like their relationship is very important as well in this story. This won't be just your typical love story (especially if you've seen SBIAL) xx Hope you all enjoyed this part! I can't believe this is part 7! Please feel free to leave a comment down below xx I would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this story thus far xo