Prologue: Dark Room

(Revised 12/09/21)

Hello guys! Hope you're all well. It's my first ever furry story and I hope I'm doing well. I've had this idea one day and since then it won't leave me alone, so I decided to just write it instead. I'm going to update this every 15 days, but we'll see if I could stick to that schedule.

This story is going to be one hell of a ride and is a slow burn, probably consisting of 50 chapters or so. It's also mature-themed and NSFW. There isn't going to be any explicit sexual activity here, but there are definitely NSFW scenes. Appropriate warning/s will be placed at the start of every chapter.

Now that it's out of the way, happy new year 2020! (It's already 1 January 2020 here in my hometown) And let the story begin!

---

The city square was bustling, lively. The moon shone brightly, the sky was clear. People were strolling here and there, enjoying the warm summer night.

A lone grey wolf walked through the night, tail swaying gently as he stayed away from the crowd. Staring at the fountain in the middle of the city square, he smiled at the scene before him. Some people were dining in the restaurants, while others were enjoying the music from street musicians, yet others were simply there to enjoy the night. Lights adorned the trees around the square, their twinkling reflected in the fountain.

Despite the lively night, the grey wolf felt hollow. It was rather late in the night, but he didn't feel tired. Far from it, in fact, as the nightmares had recently been more and more frequent. Darker and darker.

He knew he couldn't escape; they would always haunt him no matter where he went, how far he went.

The wolf let out a sigh into the night to calm his erratic heart. He had come to terms that he was forever going to be alone. It wouldn't matter, he'd die alone anyway. No one would want to live with someone so broken, so tainted like him. It was fine.

How would it feel to be normal? He didn't know. He had been nothing but normal. He would trade anything, everything to be normal.

The night was warm, but it gnawed at his heart. When he gazed up towards the sky, he noticed Orion. . The Great Hunter had had a worse time than him, yet his virtue put him in the sky. As a blessing or a curse, he didn't know.

The wolf looked back down. Loneliness was a friend. A familiar one, in fact.

His gaze softened as he glanced at the fountain. It looked serene. The light was reflecting on the water as people leant on it, some talking, some joking. Some children were giggling and running. A semblance of normalcy, that was what he needed before he returned into the dark room that was his life.

He smiled at the sight, for once, feeling bright in this dark world.