The chapel of unheard prayers.

♠︎
______

A week turned into a month as that month turned into a year.. Alastor had something special planned. The wedding, a big celebration between two sinners with chapel bells and old wooden church seats, where the people pretended to like each other and was genuinely happy for said bride and groom.
This occasion was coming up quickly, today Alastor had taken the time to visit the little broken down chapel at the end of the forest; It belonged to a man named Father Maximilian, a half man half Doberman, he wore priest-like clothes only the crosses were to be missing.

Father Max was blind, his gray, foggy eyes sat in his skull waiting to finally decay one day.. and his smile, an ungodly smile for a man who was a messenger from gods very own, only he would hold the truth to his placement in the afterlife.

As the car stopped a few feet from the entrance of the chapel you sat in the car looking at the man sitting on a rocking chair, beside him was a little table with unholy water, a sliver flask and a praying demon statue, he sat there with a little radio playing on high drowning out the sound of the car's tired engine, fresh cigarette smoke curled up to the pentagram sky, the man slightly turned his head to the set of footsteps approaching him.

Before getting close to hearing range Alastor had pulled you closer to whisper you warnings. "Do be careful of what you say to Father Max.. he's a bit of a lunatic. A blind one that is." He scoffed as you continued to walk.

"Alastor why are we coming here again? The wedding is in a couple of days."
"Well we have to get the priest's blessing since I can't go to my mother nor your family, point is I want to do this right. Have a real deal, it would be a shame if I didn't give you the experience!"- your stomach turned listening to his words.

"Oh he looks lovely"
"Eh that's what you think. Stay sharp (Y/n)

The priest had turned his head to your direction noticing Alastor stepping up first, Father Max wasted no time, he grabbed a shot gun and stood up with his cigarette hanging low on his mouth, you stood behind Alastor taken a little back by the sudden gun flash.

"In Satan's name what the hell.. Alastor? Is that you?you old devil."
"Father Max, you're looking mighty powerful and terrorizing my soon to be wife."- he said with a small chuckle. "Don't be scared now and say hello dear."

"H-hello.. Father."
"Now look here Al.. if this is a joke you best know the lord despises liars. You lost me at 'soon to be wife'. Your name my child?"
"I'm (Y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you."
"I am Father Maximilian, please call me Father or Father Max; (Y/n)? What perfume do you wear? You smell delicious."

He put the gun to rest on the side of the rocking chair before reaching to hold your hand in his, the man smelled of cigarettes and pine; him and Alastor started talking about preparations meanwhile you were zoning out a bit, the chilly air kept brushing your bare legs, Alastor took notice and gave you his trench coat.

"Oh hell I'm sorry do come in.. what do I owe this visit to?"
"Well Father." He said with a proud and long pronunciation. "my lovely fiancé and I are here because we plan on getting married, we came here to get your blessing and the permission to use this chapel as our wedding vow ceremony."

The man in a black robe had his hand folding in front of him as he listened to Al speak, soon enough he came up with an answer with a simple sentence..

"Ah I see, well shall we get started then?"
"Lead the way Father."

Father Max had lead both of you up to a giant statue of satan, the marble eyes attached to the cold statue clinging onto the wall watched every sinner who came in to find peace; somehow demons who prayed in their first life never really let go of their habits they just switched religions.