7. Stay

"First of all, you're gonna take those suitcases in the trunk and get out of the car and go ring the bell of his hous--"

"Whoa! Hold on a minute here. I'm not gonna sleep with him instead of her if that's your plan. To hell with him and her!" I frown at Jack. I haven't kept my legs closed for twenty three years to open them now for a reason as silly as this. Yes, Danny might be my future husband, but still.

"Shut up and listen." Jack looks disgusted enough for me to notice that that wasn't his plan. "You're going to go there with your suitcases and knock on his door and when he opens up you're going to look as innocent as you can manage, as if you have no idea that he has a girl inside. You're going to tell him that you were kicked out of your apartment and you have nowhere else to go and that--"

"Hold on!" I raise my hand to stop him.

"What?" He groans.

"How did I know his address if I didn't follow him and saw the girl in the process?" I point.

"Hmm.." He takes a second. "Fine then, tell him you followed him. It doesn't matter if you know he has a girl in there."

And the fact that I intentionally interrupted him while he was about to get some will probably piss him off. So, bonus for me.

"Try to look innocent. Tell him that you have no one and that you need to stay for the nig--."

"Wait!" I interrupt once more.

"What is it, Hannah?" He whines.

"What if he asks about my parents or any family members?"

"Just come up with anything. You know how to bullshit your way out of his questions." He speaks the truth.

"What if he asks about you, then?" I shrug.

"I have a fiancé who gets jealous as hell." He answers.

"Why didn't I just crash at a motel?" I ask.

"He won't ask about that." He states affirmatively.

"Why not?" I frown.

"Have you not seen how he snapped earlier when you where about to dance with a stranger? Or when you did dance with one of his friends? Subconsciously, he doesn't really want you spending a night in a motel alone, so he won't ask. Now, you're going to be an innocent, beautiful woman at his front door asking to spend the night. Believe me, he won't say no to you." He seems so confident in Daniel that I feel nervous.

"But do you really think he'll pick me spending the night over that girl sleeping with him?" I cringe. Because knowing what little I know about him, the answer is pretty clear. He will not.

"If you play it right, he will. You know what? Don't take the suitcases. Leave them here. Going with absolutely nothing will make you look more vulnerable. Besides, he might freak out if you had them with you." He suggests and I nod in agreement.

"So what if he actually agrees and lets her go?" I ask, my heart racing at the thought alone.

"Then you win." Jack winks.

"But I'll have to stay the night." Suddenly I feel too self conscious.

"So what? He's going to be your husband one day anyway. That fact is never going to change, trust me. You two are destined to be together, because once we recieve the names, they're absolute." He explains.

"Alright." I take a deep breath and nos my head. "I think I'm actually ready to ruin his long, hot, sweaty night now."

"I'll wait here for ten minutes then leave, Okay?" Jack offers when I get out of the car and I give him a nod. Slowly, I make my way to Daniel's front door. Taking deep breaths to get my loud beating heart under control, I think of my main motivation: giving him one hell of a night instead of what he had planned. When I reach his door, I ring the bell once. Then twice. Three times. Four. Five.