11. A Risk I'm Willing to Take

"What?!" Jack shouts once I finish story telling. Finally, all the tears were gone, and I'm just left with numbness.

"You have got to be kidding me? What an asshole. He's so dead! I don't care if I'm not supposed to interfere, I'm going to show that motherf--"

"Jack, calm down, okay?" I sigh, shaking my head.

"Calm down? Take a look in the mirror, Hannah. See what you look like. How pale, how tired, how defeated. You have fucking eye bags and mascara all over your face." Jack huffs and starts pacing the floor, and for a mere second my heart warms at the fact that he truly cares about me.

"You still look amazing though. I mean, that dress is amazing!" Sarah jumps in, shooting her fiance a glare and I decide that I love her. When I reached Jack's place I learned that he had already told Sarah all about me, and introduced us both. She is so friendly and just as kind hearted as her fiance. They are so kind and nice to me that I feel like crying again.

"He's an idiot. Good thing you left his ass to rot. I don't know how we are going to do it, but you will not marry him. I will just say that I couldn't find him anywhere and I won't mention to a soul that I came in contact with you." Jack fumes, as he holds Sarah's hand for a bit of comfort.

"But won't that get you in trouble, Jack?" I ask, the thought of never seeing Danny again already aching my stupid presistant heart.

"I don't give a crap even if they fire me. I'm not letting you marry that asshole just because you already met his family and told everyone you were in love then he proposed in a restaurant full of people and you said yes and he slipped that ring on your finger and his family left already planning your wedding and his sister thought she will be your bridesmaid." He babbles and Sarah and I just glare at him.

"Sorry, but you know what I mean. It's not worth it, okay? Not when your heart is at stake and not when he is such an ass to you. I will figure it out. I will talk to my bosses' bosses if I had to." He states, running a hand through his hair.

"Alright, let's pretend that you we can keep our friendship a secret and let's pretend that your work won't get affected and they won't fire you. What about your engagement then?" I moved a finger between both of them and he suddenly stops pacing to meet my eyes.

"You guys have wanted to get married for quite a while now. And the only reason you couldn't is me. Do you honestly believe that I would just not give a shit about you two and decide to save myself from Daniel, even when it means that you two might never be able to get married at all? If you honestly think I could do such a thing, Jack, then you're not much better than him."

"Hannah, please don't worry about--" Sarah starts but I have already made my decision once I met them and saw how desperately in love they really are. A love like theirs should have its happy ending. They are nice people who deserve so much more than to wait around for me and Danny to find a common ground.

"No, listen to me. As much as it pains me to say this, it's quite obvious that I wouldn't be getting a happy ending with Daniel. But that doesn't mean you guys shouldn't either." I state.

Sarah sighes as well and turned to me. "But you don't have to do that, Hannah. You don't need to force yourself to marry him. Marrying someone you don't love is the hardest thing a woman can go through." She holds my hand.

No, it's not. Starting to fall for him is worse. Not being able to show it is worse. Seeing how unaffected he is by me is worse. Not having him love me back is way worse.

"Yes, I do, and I will be fine. I can see everything clearer now. I will get my happy ending but not with Daniel." I turn to face Jack. "You told me that in some cases of divorce they send you a new name and a new lovestory could begin. I believe I will be one of those cases. All I have to do is get married to him for just a few months, long enough to set you both free, and then I will get a divorce and you and I will start looking for a new story with a happy ending this time. I will be fine." I nod, confirming my plan.