4. I Have Such Luck

"Yes! I knew we would find him. Finally!" Jack clenchs his fist and punchs it up in the air in a 'victory' kind of a gesture, much to my annoyance.

"What are you so excited about? I don't want to burst your bubble there, but firstly, you did not find him, he kind of found us. Secondly, I'm not marrying that. He's a total jerk!" Ignoring my racing heart, I hiss.

He cannot be my prince charming, can he? I mean, yeah, surely my heart fluttered when he was near, but I'm positive that's only because it wanted to burst out of my chest and punch him in the face itself, not because he was any kind of delightful or even pleasant.

"What do you mean you're not? Of course you are!" He insists with a wide ass grin and I suddenly have to fight the urge to punch him too.

"I'm not, and that's that. Now what the hell am I gonna do? I can't go back and change my dress. I'm already late!" I whine, hiding my face in my hands.

"It's not that bad. I mean, it's kind of stylish." Jack smiles.

"Stylish? My dress is soaked, it smells like coffee, and I'm sure I'm gonna have a headache pretty soon now. Also, I didn't have a peaceful goodnight's sleep last night, thanks to someone." I glare at him.

"Don't worry, Hannah. It's goint to be fine. Let's get you there before you're seriously late though." He stops another cab and we get in.

I can't get fired. I need the money for rent by tonight. Could my luck get any worse?

Onto a more important matter, Daniel, who is supposed to be my husband one day, called me both blind and ugly, while he ruined my brand new dress.

However, if I'm being honest, he looked way hotter than the photo Jack showed me. So much that I actually had no idea who he was. Well, as far as I know that photo was given to Jack a year or so ago, and he looked very different from then. He had that hot short beard, the kind gives him a serious vibe and forces everyone to show him respect. His hair was shorter than the photo and styled perfectly to match his beard. His shoulders were wide and his chest was hard and I wonder what how much hotter he would look without his shirt. God, he was ridiculously attractive; it should be illegal.

All the way down to the office Jack doesn't utter a word. He seemed busy thinking and every once in a while he would smile or smirk at his thoughts, while I was busy both hating and admiring a specific douchebag.

"I have to go." I hurry out of the cab.

"Wait, when do you get off?" He asks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I usually finish work at five." I state with a genuine smile. Guess I just made a friend.

"Alright, I'll see you at five, then. If you finish earlier, which is likely to happen, just give me and I'll pick you up." He shrugs and I send him a glare.

"I'm not gonna get fired, Jack. And I don't have your number." I huff.

"I saved it in your phone. Go now. Go, go, go." He gives me a friendly peck on the cheek before pushing me into the building. I smile softly as I take the elevators up at my new weirdly-formed friendship, before I run my way to my boss's office.

♡♡♡

"Jack, can you pick me up?" I pout as I hold the small device to my ear and rest a palm on my forehead.

"Already?" He asks through the phone.

"Yes, already." I hiss in anger.

"Sorry. Yeah, sure. I'll be there in fifteen." He ends the call and I start placing my belongings into the box.