16. His Intentions

The buzzing of my phone pushes its way through the darkness that surrounds me. Blinking slowly, I try to reach over to grab the small device and turn off the alarm but an arm tightens around my waist to stop me from moving.

"Go back to sleep, Kitten." Danny's sleepy voice mumbles against my neck and I'm suddenly wide awake. My stomach clenches at the endearment even though I hated it at first.

"I need to get ready." I whisper back, trying to squirm out of his hold but his arm squeezes my waist harder.

"Just a little longer, baby." He nuzzles his face in my neck further and I want to glue it there forever. The butterflies in my stomach are wide awake by now. Going against every bone in me, I gently push his arm to his side and run my hands through his hair when he groans in protest. He is so cute I want to eat him.

"Sleep some more. I'll see you when I get back." I whisper sweetly and watch as his breath evens once more before I slip out of bed and make my way to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I brush my teeth and my hair then get dressed in a pair of black ripped jeans and a white tank top. I get out of the bathroom and stare creepily at Danny's sleeping figure for at least ten minutes before I put on my white sneakers and rush to the front door where Mama awaits.

"Morning, babycheeks." She greets happily once I have my seatbelt fastened. "You're glowing. Did you have sex last night?"

My eyes fall out of their sockets. "Mom! No. God."

"You can't die a virgin, honey. It'll happen sooner or later, you know?" She starts driving. "And with the way your fiance was eating your face in the back yard last night, my bet is on sooner."

I don't have to take a look on the mirror to know that my face is bright red. "I'll never know how dad puts up with you."

"Sex." She answers casually and I groan. I walked right into that one, didn't I?

*******

"Dana, I'm not buying that!" I hiss as I snatch the tiny peice of clothing from her hand.

"Why not?" She whines like a child.

"It will cover absolutely nothing!" I wave it at her face.

"That's kind of the point, dear." Mom explains and I groan at them.

"I'm never wearing something this revealing. Never." I swear as I shove the white lacey thing back on the rack.

"Is she a virgin?" Dana asks mom in a hushed tone.

"See, Hannah? It's too obvious now." Mom shakes her head at me disapprovingly and I glare at both women.

"How about this one?" I suggest, holding up a green nightgown. Granted, it's to the floor, but the straps are thin enough to get blown away by thin air. And it has a cute pink bow on the front.

"Sure." Dana nods, "If you want him to take the guestroom."

Mom snickers. I glare again.

"By this rate, we'll be leaving here by dinnertime." Dana huffs, grabbing yet another slutty red nightgown.

"You know what? Just go grab a couple of swimsuits and some cute little summer dresses, and leave this to us, okay?" Mom shoves me to the other section of the store.

"No." I whine.

"Just trust us. Now go." She shoos me away and I don't have the heart to tell them that I most probably won't be wearing any of the things they'll pick out anyway. It's not like this is a real marriage, and even though I've been having the hardest time lately trying not to jump Danny's bones, I know I'm too much of a chicken to actually sleep with him. At least not before I make sure he feels the same way about me as I do him.