18. Real Enough

Danny's POV...

"You have outdone yourself tonight, Mary!" Hannah's uncle, Josh, exclaims excitedly and I glance a look at David to see him roll his eyes.

"Thanks, Josh." Mary giggles, as usual.

"Yeah, this is by far the best pie I've ever tasted." I say next to Hannah who's busy stuffing her face with more enthusiasm than I've ever seen. I'll have to let her taste my pie then. Not my dick, I mean, literally, I'll bake her a hundred pies at home if it gets her this happy. She could taste my dick too if she wants. Damn, I need some air.

That woman is ruining me. She speaks and I'm enchanted with her. She laughs and I feel like a winner. She licks her spoon and I have a hard on. She smiles at me and I'm a fucking goner.

"I tried teaching Hannah how to make it but that failed miserably so you're gonna have to drive over anytime you crave it." Mary teases her daughter who fakes a smile.

"Thank you for the unnecessary piece of information, Mama."

"Aw, it's alright, Honey." That bastard, Eddie, leans closer to Hannah and I grit my teeth for the hundredth time since we walked through the front door. "You're perfect, even if you don't know your way around a kitchen."

"Thanks, Eddie. I guess." She cringes at the piss poor attempt at flattery.

He can't just fucking quit, can he?

My hand automatically reaches her thigh under the table and I give it a light squeeze. Damn, her skin is way too soft that I almost fucking moan at the contact, but that asshole is pissing me the fuck off. He compliments her every three fucking seconds and I'm suddenly worried that I might not be doing that enough.

Choking on thin air at the suddent gesture, Hannah coughs into her fist, her big eyes even wider now.

With my free hand, I reach for my glass of water and move it her way, the same time that jackass shoves his in front of her as well. My hand squeezes her thigh tighter.

Dammit, I want to punch a couple of his teeth in. She's my fucking fiance, and he keeps drooling over her like a damn dog.

Blinking with a blush, Hannah takes the glass I offered like a good girl. "Thank you, Eddie. It's alright."

She gulps down the water as if it's her salvation, and I smile like a proud bastard.

I lean closer to her side, enjoying how her scent calms me down and drives me mad at the same time and whisper in her ear, "let's head to bed now, Kitten. I'm tired and I want to cuddle the shit out of you."

Her breath hitches, and I watch as her cheeks brighten with another delicious blush. Clearing her throat, she nods carefully before wiping her mouth with her napkin and standing up. "We're gonna call it a night, guys."

I stand up as well and take her soft hand in mine. "Thank you for dinner, Mary. Have a goodnight, everyone."

"Leave your door open." Grams demands and I see Hannah rolling her eyes beside me.

"He's her fiance, for God's sake. She's gonna be married in two weeks. Let the woman be, mom." Mary huffs, leaning back in her chair.

"They ain't fucking under my room." Grams states firmly and my eyes widen. Damn, she was right when she said Hannah took the craziness from her.

Eddie spits his water onto his plate while Josh patts his back with a chuckle.

I glance at Hannah whose face is bright red and seems to be trying her hardest to avoid her father's eyes.