Chpt 8

Dear love.

I didn’t tell you because I was a coward.

There are no words in any language that describe how much I love you, but I hope that I will see you soon and be able to show you. The holidays start straight after the third trial so I’ll see you then.

And I'm still watching Harry.

Yours even when you no longer want me.

Robyn

I sentthe owl off late at night a week after I had been marked; it was becoming darker and more uncomfortable every day now, as the final trial for the Triwizard Tournament drew ever nearer, a month passing until we were only two weeks away. There were so many creatures that had to be brought in and the maze needed constant supervision otherwise it grew across vital paths that needed to remain clear. “Professor!”

I span on my heel and to my surprise it was Moody. “Alastor! Shouldn’t you be waiting for Hagrid outside the maze, the Sphinx is coming in today isn’t it?” I asked wondering why he had been acting so strange lately, he appeared nervous and I could smell fear coming off him. He smiled although he didn’t appear to be too happy, “I was just looking for you actually, Dumbledore wanted me to find you.” He limped off without another word, muttering to himself as he went. I passed many of the students I had taught in the half-year I had been teaching on my way to the headmaster’s office, none of them waved or said hello. It was so different from when I had taught the year before, I had been better received by both students and staff then, but it was the way I wanted it. I reached the gargoyle and the staircase was already extended. Stepping carefully up the stairs- still being sore from my brothers’ attack, the Dark Mark magically tattooed onto my stomach was aching almost as much as the rest of my body, I took that as a foreboding. I had seen the return of Lord Voldemort in all the possible futures I had looked into, it made it no easier that most of the possible futures that involved him being destroyed had gone since I had been given the dark mark. I tapped the door absent-mindedly only to find it open.  This wasn’t a good sign. I walked through the door shutting it behind me.

“Headmaster?” I called clearly through the tower; I received only an echo of my own words.