Chpt 45

The walls were painted with blood, the hilarity worn off and the madness, consuming. Furniture that remained was gnawed on and torn, spilling out its stuffing like intestines, the wallpaper peeling off in strips where I had spent hours raking away at it with my sharpened claws, claws sharpened on my own flesh.

It looked like several people had been murdered in my room and I wished that the sole inhabitant actually had been. Only four days had passed since... since it had happened and my insanity had left me, conclusively creating focus and absolution. I was sitting atop the canopy of the bed, hunched to avoid the ceiling and reading intently, a book from my small collection.

It was the same book that I had found in Dumbledore's study three years ago when I had first started at Hogwarts, except this was an original copy.

I had the Annalium open at the page with the tales of those before, the ancestors of my race.

A group of Nosferatu ruled over the peoples, named 'The Ancient Ones' and did so in turns, each having a term of ruling where the others of each tribe would sleep. It was this sleep that I was so intrigued in, the prospect of sleeping eternally in a place void of dream or thought beckoned me very seductively, especially considering that I couldn't kill myself. I had found what I needed on the very last page of the book.

"Such a slumber requires the blood of one that is wild but is not, one that can be but cannot be." I translated, The Ancient Ones had always been known to be obscenely difficult people, I was finding out just how difficult they could be. I was certain that the rest of the process wouldn't be a problem for me I just needed the 'coma' inducing blood.

I closed my eyes and rolled down off the canopy and landed catlike on the soggy carpet. Blood squelched around my toes and the edges of my feet and I sighed at the carnage I had created. A small giggle slipped out of my mouth and I shut it swiftly. Looking around to make sure no-one had heard me, there was only an empty room to observe. I sat back on the crusty sheets and closed my eyes, thinking back over all the blood that I knew to have effects on me. Dragon blood was the most obvious, having been used as a temporary sedative it had its possibilities, but it didn't seem strong enough. The next was Vampire blood, the stuff was nasty and I couldn't believe that it was even on any list, it made many Nosferatu nauseous and I wasn't an exception, unless I was going to vomit myself into a permanent slumber then that was definitely not the answer. The last was Werewolf, but I knew that it didn't affect me, I had been drinking from Remus for years and I'd never gone to sleep... There was one possible time, but I was almost 100% sure... I got up again and willed a clean dress onto my body, ignoring the fact that I was sodden from head to foot with my own blood.

I sniffed out the resident werewolf and found him with company in the parlour, I caught familiar scents and sounds and tears threatened again. "Remus," I called from the hall, really not wanting to talk to the congregation of people in the small, warm room. He practically ran around the corner and looked worriedly at me, I made no noise but rather took two steps back, he looked horrified when he saw my blood coated arms and the splatters of crimson on my face. "Robyn?" He asked me. I giggled and beckoned him forward, he obliged, drawing nearer.

"Robyn this isn't funny, we're worried about- Ow!" He yelled. I had pricked his arm and drew a little drop of blood, sucking it off my claw. I waited a few seconds and felt it kick in; feeling faintly light-headed, if this was it then it was going to take a lot of blood to put me down. "Robyn?" He whispered warningly.

I giggled and skipped off up the stairs, he followed warily, and we eventually arrived at the attic where I had already placed a coffin. I handed him a note from the inside of my bodice to him and opened the door, walking through it backwards, watching him follow. "Robyn what are you playing at?" He looked at the coffin and then back at me sternly.

"Just read the paper when you come to." I croaked and rushed against him and held him firmly to my body, my fangs digging deep into the vein in his throat, the rich intoxicating blood fusing through me making me tired. I smiled as it started to work and I became aware that I was concentrating too much on the spell than on keeping Lupin alive. I slowed my pace; Remus had stopped struggling and was slouched against me. I had nearly drained him when I felt myself go. I dropped his barely breathing body to the ground and clambered into the coffin. The words from the note blinking like a torch in the dark.

Lock the door and never open it.

Goodbye Remus.

The End