Chpt 6

The hall was cold and my hands shook slightly from being exposed to not the cold but the light, it was still very early morning and the dazzling sunlight streaming through the tall windows of the Great Hall did little to bring any heat to my skin.

The Instructor was speaking at the front of the hall; I wasn't listening to his words, only the mindless drone of his voice. They were teaching some of the older pupils the skill of Apparition, and thanks to Dumbledore we could use the Great Hall for a while.

The students had just finished for the day and only one student had gotten himself splinched and  lost an eyebrow. I had loved watching all the teachers around him scuttle to try and help, it was funny the way they all swarmed the poor boy, trying to repair his eyebrow. The Instructor from the Ministry finally finished speaking and at last the students filed out of the hall, squeezing through the door like rats trying to get cheese. The sixth years learning to apparate were always immature, and for some reason were always eager to leave after lessons. "No pushing please!" Minerva called from behind me, bustling past and into my view.

We, the teachers supervising, were all a little edgy because the protective spells were disabled around that space for the entirety of the lesson. Most of the students had already left and all that was remaining was the last few students being ushered out the doors, I, along with Minerva and Flitwick were on clean up and in charge of setting the house tables back in there original places. "Alexandra, you can start with the hoops," I had turned to Minerva as she shouted orders like a sergeant when suddenly I saw her eyes go wide with something that looked worryingly like horror, I was the only person who had missed the faint popping sound from behind me.

"Hello sister, how are you doing?" I span whirling with my arms outstretched so as to take out the man behind me, I made impact with his face, throwing him off his feet and catapulting him across the floor and into the tables against the wall, I strode after the flailing body but wasn't fast enough as I saw his wand hand rise. "Crucio," he whispered, my brother's voice lilting and full lips curling up into a cruel smirk.

My body convulsed and pain ripped through my body, I couldn't scream, I wouldn't give Vladimir that pleasure. "Poor baby, it's alright, the pain will stop soon." But he didn't stop, he let out a bitter chuckle and a new bout of writhing pain shook me.

"Stupefy!" It was Minerva who yelled it and Vladamir reeled back trying to flinch away from the impending spell, he shot back a blur of purple which was blocked with a swipe of Minerva's wand. Sparks of red flame erupted from my maniacle brother's wand and the mass of fire flew towards Minerva, it missed her but I had managed to get to my feet and was now standing. "I suggest you..." I was cut off. He had lurched towards me and I looked down to where a vicious knife was now protruding from my stomach.

“He’ll be back.” He whispered and then disappeared with a crack. I fell to the ground and my eyes slid closed, the muscles in my stomach tightened and my body protested against what I could guarantee was a very blood-covered serrated knife.